Someone Pinch me $100 for a Sunn SL 260 60 watt amp!!!!

This forum is for those who like to watch eBay auctions and those who want to alert the users of a specific auction.
Forum rules
Please do not use this forum as a spam to promote your own auction unless you have over 100 posts. We ask that comments about auctions be kept civil as well as respectful. If your a business and would like to use our forum to promote your ebay auctions, please contact us directly before promoting auctions on this forum.

Someone Pinch me $100 for a Sunn SL 260 60 watt amp!!!!

Postby Unit_1 on Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:45 am

:say_what:
ok, calm down my beating heart. I just bought this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sunn-SL-260-60- ... 3ceed67576

for $100 Buy it now

:excited: :excited: :excited:

I remember someone else scored big and I lamented "Why does this never happen to me?" Well it did.

Thanks to my buddy Steve House, our member Housekustom, who sent me the link.

It's solid state, but hey..... I can deal with that.

Now I gotta go out in the cold and find some aluminum cans to recycle 'cus if I don't hand Ms.Unit $100 cold cash before the credit card bill is due, I'll end up being an episode on Cold Case !!!!
Last edited by Unit_1 on Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
The ability to play/make music is a gift that not everyone gets. Those of us who have it should use it.

Asimov:Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence, the concept around which it revolves, has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.
Unit_1
Prince

Location: Kali4ñia (a small planet orbiting the west coast of the United States)

Re: Someone Pinch me $100 for a Sunn SL 260 60 watt Bass amp

Postby Happy Face on Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:32 am

Goodonya brother.
Happy Face
Page

Re: Someone Pinch me $100 for a Sunn SL 260 60 watt amp!!!!

Postby vez on Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:22 pm

Nice. What kind of speakers are in it?
vez
Squire

Postby housekustoms on Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:41 pm

The standard speakers in an SL260 wore black dust caps. The speakers in this unit are SUNN branded speakers also (I saw the eBay pics) and at that time Terry White the marketing manager also wanted them available with Celestion speakers so they also offered them as an option and they had silver dust caps. So my money is on that Al has those in this cab. Check the EIA code and you will be able to tell.

This also an early unit (no pun intended) as the cab is wearing Tolex and silver cab corners. In 1983 they went to a different construction for all of the cabs. The new look then used black extruded edging and black plastic corners.

:thumbsup:
I'm a little bit :old: now, but I still like to :jam:

housekustoms
Page

Postby Unit_1 on Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:55 am

Actually he said he was going to put a couple celestion golds in it for me

Ok ****THAT was a joke!!!!****

I'm excited to see if these are indeed celestions. Chomping on the bit now I am!!!
The ability to play/make music is a gift that not everyone gets. Those of us who have it should use it.

Asimov:Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence, the concept around which it revolves, has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.
Unit_1
Prince

Location: Kali4ñia (a small planet orbiting the west coast of the United States)

Postby Unit_1 on Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:55 am

All right! This shipped today, expected delivery Christmas Eve

I'm guessing this was the first day of his vacation - no communication until today but it's still the same estimated delivery date
:jam:

Unit_1
Prince

Postby Unit_1 on Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:24 am

Well, it got here.

Everything works except you can't use reverb on the high gain channel or it goes into a feedback loop even with the volume turned all the way off on the guitar and the amp. :?: :?: :?:

Take plug and move it to the clean channel and it's a nice sounding reverb. I have plenty of amps that don't have reverb, so....

Full volume sounds like sticking your head into a jet engine. It's LOUD!!!!!!! I literally only played it wide open for about 10 seconds standing behind it. Looks like celestions, but still not confirmed.

On another note, oh holy cow I'm exhausted. BP meds and hypothyroid meds refills were *denied* by my health care provider for the past six days and they couldn't tell us why. "we'll call you back"

*finally* got an answer this afternoon, they want me to come in for an exam. So they denied my med refill. W...T...F... actually managed to escalate this to someone with a brain today (after 47 phone calls *today*, i $#!+ you not it's in the phone log - couldn't believe it myself when I counted) and got the refills just in time since I would have run out tomorrow morning.

So are the days of our lives :lol:

Unit_1
Prince

Postby Seby on Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:16 am

Tip the SL onto its back and turn it up, then lie on it whist strumming a power chord. This should fix the back. =) Seriously though, score!
Seby
Certified

Postby Unit_1 on Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:44 pm

Seby wrote:Tip the SL onto its back and turn it up, then lie on it whist strumming a power chord. This should fix the back. =) Seriously though, score!

there was also a buzz that would happen on the low e string when it was loud, turned out to be an ancient McDonnalds plastic fork (covered with some sort of food) that was inside the cab, lol...

then I also noticed that the wires to the reverb were different lengths and had fallen out of a retainer. One was obviously supposed to be wrapped around the opposite side from the other. So I put them back in place and the feedback was gone.

I'm just going to go ahead and replace both with some shielded wire for a more reliable fix.

I like that it's a 100% clean amp as I am using that with the Roland Lucina Keytar Synth I just got too. Sounds totally awesome. I like that, 200 bucks for the synth, 100 bucks for the amp, a totally hot setup for 300 bucks. Pinch me.... :mrgreen:

Unit_1
Prince

Postby housekustoms on Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:55 pm

I'm sure glad the issues turned out to be simple fixes.

You should let the seller know that due to a plastic fork, a loose wire and his own lack of honesty he gave that amp away for next to nothing :-)
I'm a little bit :old: now, but I still like to :jam:

housekustoms
Page

Return to eBay Watch