1979 Orange Husler OR145 Bass Combo Amplifier Schematic

Community amplifier schematic and diagram library

1979 Orange Husler OR145 Bass Combo Amplifier Schematic

Postby Lemos on Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:29 pm

Hello, VintageAmps community. I am currently seeking the schematic/diagram for a 1979 Orange Hustler OR145 Bass Combo. From what I have read, this schematic is very similar to the Orange SuperBass, not sure how- or in what way. The reason I am digging through the internet to uncover this schematic, is so I can home fabricate my own. That being said, any schematic/instructions that will lead me into a path with an end product of a mimic '79 OR145 will work for me. I have yet to contact Orange in order to confirm this SuperBass schematic clone idea. If you know of a verified schematic of say a Fender Twinsomething rather, that resembles the same diagram, that will work as well, I am just looking for someway to fabricate my own verifiable replica of the said Hustler model. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you guys in advance,
Dave
Lemos
Peasant

Re: 1979 Orange Husler OR145 Bass Combo Amplifier Schematic

Postby Jon_the_id on Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:23 pm

As I said in the other thread, it will be the same as the Superbass schematic minus 2x EL34 output valves.
Schematic is here:
http://www.orangefieldguide.com/OFG_SCH ... erBass.pdf

I can guarantee that the above schematic is accurate, as I drew it up myself from my own 79 Superbass.

You can even get a trace pattern for the PCB here:
https://flic.kr/p/q1HriJ

Apologies for the slightly grainy image (it will still work though) - there used to be a better version on imageshack but it has gone now.
Cheers,
Jon
Jon_the_id
Certified

Postby Lemos on Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:40 am

I have seen this theory that they are the same amplifier schematic in a few forums- I am still wondering why they would release two separate amplifiers with nearly identical circuits?
Lemos
Peasant

Postby Lemos on Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:53 pm

Jon, I got a quick question for you. I am beginning the process of ordering all the parts I need for the build. I looked up the Power/Output Transformers, and they are like $200+. I am wondering if I could gut one of these amplifiers, in order to supply the demand of circuitry: A 2007 Line 6 Spider III 150w, a 2006? VOX Valvetronix AD15VT XL, or an old Marshall MG10CD 40w, (all Guitar Amplifiers.) I will edit the post later with the circuits of the posted amplifiers, I am just throwing the question out now, in case you can answer it without knowing the components.
Lemos
Peasant

Postby Lemos on Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:58 pm

PMed you as well, not sure if we get notified when someone posts on the forums boards. I am also wondering if you could post the serials of the two Transformers, just so I know what to look for.

Thanks in advance,
Dave
Lemos
Peasant

Postby Lemos on Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:08 pm

Jon... I have a major favor to ask of you, I am wondering if you could post a video demonstrating the different tones that can be achieved from the SuperBass. As the time closely approaches towards the build, I would like to get a final verdict before diving too deep into the project.

Thank you in advance,
Dave
Lemos
Peasant

Return to Schematics and More