Most expensive Marshall ever????

This forum is for those who like to watch eBay auctions and those who want to alert the users of a specific auction.
Forum rules
Please do not use this forum as a spam to promote your own auction unless you have over 100 posts. We ask that comments about auctions be kept civil as well as respectful. If your a business and would like to use our forum to promote your ebay auctions, please contact us directly before promoting auctions on this forum.

Re: Most expensive Marshall ever????

Postby STRAT-MAN1976 on Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:16 am

At the end of the day its worth what someone wants to pay for it and if someone does have proof of celebrity status even more so, either way my friend has used Marshalls guide price to start from, cheers
STRAT-MAN1976
Peasant

Postby appetite4distortion on Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:42 am

As always it is worth what people wants to pay! I'm not in the run but GLWS for this cool amp!
Proud to be loud
appetite4distortion
Certified

Postby Mayhawk on Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:14 pm

Agree.....very cool amp, and worth whatever someone is willing to pay. Here today, there tomorrow.

I wouldn't bank on what Marshall says it's worth....their product after all. Or the insurance company, for that matter. How many of these amps are there to compare it to? And I suspect insuring for 75thousand pounds requires higher premiums than 40-50K. But we have to start somewhere.

My complaint w/r to this auction is with the amp's pictures, or relative lack thereof. It's very simple to embed 30, 40, 50, or more pics within the auction itself; ie, no need to satisfy oneself with the 12 free pics that ebay gives. Heck, I have personally embedded 30 or so pics when I have auctioned off $1500 Fender amps. An amp of this potential worth deserves far more. In my humble opinion, of course.

I remember seeing the Rose Morris amps way back in the day and thinking I could never afford one......and so it goes. :not_worthy:
Mayhawk
User of the Murse

Postby Ned B on Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:12 pm

I think it would be hard to sell this purely on ebay. This is the billboard ad, but any potential sale would like proceed privately.
Ned B
Baron

Postby Strat59 on Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:43 pm

I'm gettin Marshall to appraise my amps in the future !!! :D Just in case there is a robbery :shhh:
"Blues players don't mess around with a guitar, they hit the bloody thing"........ Rory Gallagher
Strat59
Baron

Postby LD50 on Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:30 pm

It's back at a much more realistic price but still expensive

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Marshall-JMP-100-Plexi-PA-Head-1965-First-Ever-Made-/111477313912?pt=UK_MusicalInstr_Amplifiers_RL&hash=item19f490d178

It also has the question mark in the right place :wink:
All bleeding stops.......eventually.
LD50
Prince

Postby Ned B on Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:25 pm

Since I will be in England in a few days maybe I can pop 'round to Kent and see it. I doubt I will have quite that sum of cash on me, but I hope I might gain an audience with the "world's most expensive" Marshall!
Ned B
Baron

Previous

Return to eBay Watch