Anyone members in Philly who knows vintage Strats?

Vintage guitars are heaven with 6 or 12 strings for many players. Here you can exchange the tips, the photos and your favorite vintage flavor. Learn how to identify and ask the experts who frequent this forum

Anyone members in Philly who knows vintage Strats?

Postby steveokla on Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:34 pm

I'm in the midst of a possible transaction with a shop in Philly for a '56 Strat. I'll have no opportunity to check out the guitar first hand. I was wondering (hoping) there eight be a forum member with a knowledge of vintage Strats in the area who might be willing to check this thing out for me. If so, and it's not an inconvenience to look at this guitar first hand, please reply or pm me, as you prefer. Thanks, Steveokla
steveokla
Baron

Re: Anyone members in Philly who knows vintage Strats?

Postby cedarchoper58 on Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:03 pm

Be careful not playing it. There is a very reputable shop where I live that has two late 50's maple neck strats. And both have finish cracking on the back of the neck and it makes It feel terrible. I would be real bummed if I bought one and it was like these.
cedarchoper58
none

Location: Where the blues rains down heavy and rock rolls hard

Re: Anyone members in Philly who knows vintage Strats?

Postby steveokla on Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:00 pm

cedarchoper58 wrote:Be careful not playing it. There is a very reputable shop where I live that has two late 50's maple neck strats. And both have finish cracking on the back of the neck and it makes It feel terrible. I would be real bummed if I bought one and it was like these.

Sound counsel, indeed. Fact is, the only reason I'm considering this one is the return policy--can send it back, no questions asked. Otherwise, as you say, I'd never do a long-distance deal. Thanks much for the input, steve
steveokla
Baron

Return to Vintage Guitars