selfie bithday present, thinking emg's DG20

This forum is for those who like to watch eBay auctions and those who want to alert the users of a specific auction.
Forum rules
Please do not use this forum as a spam to promote your own auction unless you have over 100 posts. We ask that comments about auctions be kept civil as well as respectful. If your a business and would like to use our forum to promote your ebay auctions, please contact us directly before promoting auctions on this forum.

selfie bithday present, thinking emg's DG20

Postby Unit_1 on Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:23 pm

since it's my birthday today (...58... gads :shock: ) was thinking of getting a selfie present for my strat. my luthier, Willy, in Granada Hills CA recommended these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fender-Strat-Cu ... 1e79855962

not really liking the idea of removing the pick guard to change the battery. :roll:

thinking it would be so much easier to install a jack in the front and use a lion rechargeable 9v battery and put a jack somewhere so I could just recharge it

anyone do anything like this?

as long as I plugged his name, i might as well include the link. his credentials ARE AWESOME, he works by appointment only and works on your guitar while you are there. $35 for a setup. *really nice guy*, very affordable. and the best part? 10 minutes from my house in rush hour traffic. YEAH!!!!

http://willysguitar.com/

Q: What do all these artists have in common?
A: Willy’s Custom Guitar Repair Read more
• Jimmy Page
• Michael Schenker
• Richie Sambora
• Robby Krieger
• Don Henley
• Lindsey Buckingham
• Stone Temple Pilots
• Lita Ford
• John Sykes (Thin Lizzy)
• Paul Raymond (UFO)
• Myron Grumbacher
• John Shanks
• Lyle Workman
• Marco Mendoza
• Chicago
• Neil Giraldo
• Tina Turner
• Abe Laboriel
• Band From TV
• Good Charlotte
• Avenged Sevenfold • Nine Inch Nails
• Matchbox 20
• Glenn Hughes
• Mastodon
• Donovan
• Brad Gillis
• Wendy and Lisa
• Mellisa Etheridge
• Lenny Kravitz
• Tom Peterson
• Stan Lynch
• Doyle Bramhall II
• Billy Burnette
• Ricc Fierabracci
• Alex Al (Diana Ross)
• Freddy Cooper (Boyz 2 Men)
• Wolfgang Press
• Tony Franklin
• Dave Amato
• Camera Can’t Lie
• Chuck Wright
• Ed Roth • George Thorogood
• Bush
• Mike Inez
• Dan Sindel
• Mitch Perry
• Jon Butcher
• The Subway
• Jordan McGraw
• Jaime Walters
• Marco Moir
• Taco Torez
• Hank Steiger
• Frank linx
• Frank Black
• Gavin Menies
• Rick Salazar
• Toni,Toni,Toni
• Warren Zevon
• Rick Vito (Rod Stewart, Stevie Nicks)
• Cornelious Mimms (Death Row Records)
• Otha Young
• And Many, Many more…
The ability to play/make music is a gift that not everyone gets. Those of us who have it should use it.

Asimov:Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence, the concept around which it revolves, has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.
Unit_1
Prince

Location: Kali4ñia (a small planet orbiting the west coast of the United States)

Re: selfie bithday present, thinking emg's DG20

Postby Unit_1 on Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:14 pm

a little more research shows these are activated with a stereo jack being installed, so when you use a normal TS plug you complete the circuit.

seems like all I'd have to do is to rig a cable with a 9v battery clip on one end (to connect to a LION 9v charger) and the other end would be a stereo plug wired so it would charge the battery

either that or burn the whole thing up, lol... :lol:

David G. using his EMG pickup red strat

The ability to play/make music is a gift that not everyone gets. Those of us who have it should use it.

Asimov:Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence, the concept around which it revolves, has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.
Unit_1
Prince

Location: Kali4ñia (a small planet orbiting the west coast of the United States)

Return to eBay Watch