Fender 300watt Output Tranny?

This forum is for those who like to watch eBay auctions and those who want to alert the users of a specific auction.
Forum rules
Please do not use this forum as a spam to promote your own auction unless you have over 100 posts. We ask that comments about auctions be kept civil as well as respectful. If your a business and would like to use our forum to promote your ebay auctions, please contact us directly before promoting auctions on this forum.

Fender 300watt Output Tranny?

Postby housekustoms on Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:51 pm

Here's a bargain for somebody perhaps. It is a Fender 300 watt output transformer for $65 shipped.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FMIC-Sunn-300W-Bass-head-Fender-Bassman-Pro-300W-heads-Tranny-NEW-no-box-papers-/201049272794?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ecf7871da

Here is the full schematic that this detail came from.
http://ampwares.com/schematics/300ps.pdf

I'm not experienced enough building amps yet or it wouldn't still be listed. If I am off base here please let me know.

:mrgreen:
I'm a little bit :old: now, but I still like to :jam:

housekustoms
Page

Re: Fender 300watt Output Tranny?

Postby ampcabinets on Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:07 am

which amp is that? and do you have the full diagram/schematic?
I would be interested as I have the power tranny to go with it., has like, 10 gauge wiring.
I've been watching for a output tranny. I need to refine my search, some how I missed it.

The thing would weigh a ton, when finished. I was thinking "bass amp" with that much power.

how many tubes? 8?
chassis size would be pretty enormous, too.

I may jump on that tranny pretty quick.
no phone, no pool no pets....I ain't got no cigarettes!...............Roger MIller
ampcabinets
Certified

Location: unfortunately Texas, soon to be back in North Carolina, for good.

Postby housekustoms on Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:44 pm

A link to the full schematic was listing in the post. It is http://ampwares.com/schematics/300ps.pdf

The amp schematic is for a 300PS bass amp. The output tranny is also stated to have been used in the SUNN (Fender) 300T.

Since you already have the power trans you would have all the iron needed to put one together :jam:

housekustoms
Page

Postby ampcabinets on Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:31 pm

Thanks.
I didn't catch it, on first read, but got it now.
It shows a choke, and another 'driver' tranny, so I'll have to look that one up.
I was thinking of just building a marshall/fender regular bass amp, with these trannies. I would be curious how they got 300 watts form 4 6550's, too. (maybe the driver transformer has something to do with it).
And I am guessing the yellow wire is another impedance tap, since it seems to be extra.
Also, the numbers don't match up. Is there some link to where I can look up the one on ebay's numbers? I am not sure which number to look up

an original diagram would be nice, but I can work something out from here. May take a few days to get a layout right or close.

I saw the PS400 listing, too. A whopper, I must say. :shock:
no phone, no pool no pets....I ain't got no cigarettes!...............Roger MIller
ampcabinets
Certified

Postby housekustoms on Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:29 pm

My bad...I posted the 300ps instead of the 300T.

That output tranny is from a Fender (SUNN) 300T bass amp. Here is the service manual with full schematics that lists the correct tranny number - 050854 (or as it appears on the schematic 0050854000).

http://www.stevehouse.com/bucket/Fender_SUNN_300t-11x17.pdf

The service manual also includes a complete parts list for the amp as well as both PCB and chassis layouts :-)

:thumbsup:

housekustoms
Page

Postby ampcabinets on Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:58 pm

I went over to get it, and someone beat me to it. dern procrastination.
Great info, though, and thanks for posting it.
ampcabinets
Certified

Return to eBay Watch