Dreaming or what?

This forum is for those who like to watch eBay auctions and those who want to alert the users of a specific auction.
Forum rules
Please do not use this forum as a spam to promote your own auction unless you have over 100 posts. We ask that comments about auctions be kept civil as well as respectful. If your a business and would like to use our forum to promote your ebay auctions, please contact us directly before promoting auctions on this forum.

Dreaming or what?

Postby LD50 on Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:06 pm

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Marshall-vintage-4x12-tall-cabinet-JTM-039-66-cab-used-by-The-Who-Blues-Boy-Kings-/111287719967?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276

Recovered, regrilled and new speakers and hardware, possibly the carcass was on stage with the Who.............. :sleepy:
All bleeding stops.......eventually.
LD50
Prince

Re: Dreaming or what?

Postby Unit_1 on Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:47 am

i think this is in the "OR WHAT" category as in he must be mental....

for $3334.34 you get PROBABLY the original wood marshall cab that isn't the right size with *everything* else new including speakers????

i say probably 'cus he admits the box isn't the right size "Thus a pair of oversized PA cabs which were never made for anyone else."

yeah, ok....sure..... you betcha by golly. so either owned by the who, or a lash up, or maybe the cab guy at marshall just felt like making big cabs that day

uh huh.....
The ability to play/make music is a gift that not everyone gets. Those of us who have it should use it.

Asimov:Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence, the concept around which it revolves, has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.
Unit_1
Prince

Location: Kali4ñia (a small planet orbiting the west coast of the United States)

Postby Ned B on Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:57 am

Maybe just "don't do drugs" would be advice for the seller.
Ned B
Baron

Postby superstar on Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:00 pm

that is one of the funniest ebay listings I have ever seen.
superstar
Knight

Postby Main Street on Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:55 pm

Those pics remind me , i have a 71 Sl stripped, a mess inside but fab. sounding amp. What is the best way to clean the dirt and a glue residue,thanks
Main Street
Peasant

Postby LD50 on Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:13 pm

Main Street wrote:Those pics remind me , i have a 71 Sl stripped, a mess inside but fab. sounding amp. What is the best way to clean the dirt and a glue residue,thanks

I find that a 'stanley' knife blade free hand as a scraper to get the old levant flecks off and to scrape all the bits out of the inside corners etc works best followed by an orbital sander with frequent changes of paper. Like most of these things the quality of the result is directly proprtional to the prep. work.
Get the correct levant vinyl and look at how the original is finished (slits in the grooves for the gold string and accurate corner cuts, vinyl onto the faces of the wooden battens inside). If you cannot do it properly I suggest you farm it out or leave it as re-doing someone elses bad job is more than twice a PIA as doing it first time :wink:

Of course you can tell the one on the right is recovered but not too shabby I hope :)
All bleeding stops.......eventually.
LD50
Prince

Postby superstar on Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:53 pm

that old marshall glue flies off with paint stripper and a scraper. then just give it a light sanding over.
superstar
Knight

Postby Main Street on Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:39 am

LD50 wrote:
Main Street wrote:Those pics remind me , i have a 71 Sl stripped, a mess inside but fab. sounding amp. What is the best way to clean the dirt and a glue residue,thanks

I find that a 'stanley' knife blade free hand as a scraper to get the old levant flecks off and to scrape all the bits out of the inside corners etc works best followed by an orbital sander with frequent changes of paper. Like most of these things the quality of the result is directly proprtional to the prep. work.
Get the correct levant vinyl and look at how the original is finished (slits in the grooves for the gold string and accurate corner cuts, vinyl onto the faces of the wooden battens inside). If you cannot do it properly I suggest you farm it out or leave it as re-doing someone elses bad job is more than twice a PIA as doing it first time :wink:

Of course you can tell the one on the right is recovered but not too shabby I hope :)

:mrgreen: N I C E, spectacular sight (that`s what i call ~bedroom level!) any recomendations for the best Marshall levant and grill (68 cab 4x 12) 8)
Thanks, guys!
Main Street
Peasant

Return to eBay Watch