The Vox Story by Dick Denney & Dave Petersen

This forum is for those who like to watch eBay auctions and those who want to alert the users of a specific auction.
Forum rules
Please do not use this forum as a spam to promote your own auction unless you have over 100 posts. We ask that comments about auctions be kept civil as well as respectful. If your a business and would like to use our forum to promote your ebay auctions, please contact us directly before promoting auctions on this forum.

The Vox Story by Dick Denney & Dave Petersen

Postby TTQS on Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:49 pm

So this listing on U.K. eBay for a mint 1993 copy of "The Vox Story" by Dick Denney and Dave Petersen has been bugging me for a few weeks:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/THE-VOX-STORY ... 3cdcac030a

I think this is the third relisting since I've been watching it and after each 10 day listing expires and IT DOESN"T SELL, the seller INCREASES the price by £5.

If the seller (petermacvox) is a member here, please would you (or anybody) enlighten me as to what your philosophy is? I sent him a polite message expressing interest and challenging on the bizarre pricing with a genuine offer of GBP£40 and that I think is generous.

In western culture, it's normal to REDUCE the price when an item doesn't sell... if you genuinely want to sell the item of course, and especially to a genuine enthusiast. :roll:

Doug
TTQS
Peasant

Re: The Vox Story by Dick Denney & Dave Petersen

Postby Strat59 on Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:59 pm

"Blues players don't mess around with a guitar, they hit the bloody thing"........ Rory Gallagher
Strat59
Baron

Postby LD50 on Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:40 am

There is a similar seller with a black cloth Marshall cab - has increased now to £1700GBP and a label less cream back for over 180/

Can someone explain?

The book should be available much cheaper through a bookshop (it in itself is quite a cheap and cheerful softback, unless there is a higher quality gloss hardback available too?) If you are going to spend that money I would save up for the huge Vox reference by Jim Elea (links on Vox section),
All bleeding stops.......eventually.
LD50
Prince

Postby TTQS on Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:53 am

LD50 wrote:If you are going to spend that money I would save up for the huge Vox reference by Jim Elyea (links on Vox section),

My thoughts exactly! That's what I'm gonna do for sure.

There are cheaper paperback versions available. I looked at reviews on Amazon of this version and some people had commented that the print quality isn't so good because it resembles a facsimile.

I figure that the seller is deluding himself, probably because he is aware that vintage Vox related items can fetch good money from avid collectors.

He has over 500 feedback scores so clearly isn't an eBay noob but I looked at some of his other listings and he seems to sell random junk from recent decades.

Doug
TTQS
Peasant

Postby TTQS on Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:39 pm

Relisted again this week but now at £100!

Hilarious. :lol:

Doug
TTQS
Peasant

Return to eBay Watch