Sunn Info available

Gibson, Valco, Gretsch, and more

Sunn Info available

Postby gusfinley on Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:56 am

I have a source for two Sunn service manuals.

One is of '72 era Transistor Amps: 190B, 190L, 350B, 350L, Solos II, Concert P.A., Coliseum Lead, Coliseum Bass, Coliseum Slave, Coliseum 880, Coliseum Audio Controller, Concert Lead, Concert Bass, Concert Salve, Concert Controller I, Studio Lead, Studio Bass, Studio P.A.

The other is for tube goodies: Sonic I, Sonic I-40, Sonaro, Spectrum I, Sentura I, Solarus, Sonic II, 200S, Sorado, Sonic I-40, 100S, Spectrum II, 100S, Sceptre, Sentura II, Studio P.A., Coliseum P.A., 2000S

If you need a schematic, I might be able to help you out...
gusfinley
Knight

Re: Sunn Info available

Postby gui_tarzan on Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:14 am

I have a Sentura II that I need to restore and haven't been able to find a layout for the circuit boards. I have the schematic but I prefer layouts if possible. Are there any available?
--Jim

"He's like a new set of strings, he just needs to be stretched a bit"
gui_tarzan
Peasant

Postby stratele52 on Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:43 pm

Many ( if not all ) Sunn schematics here and more .

http://bmamps.com/Tech_sch.html
stratele52
Knight

Postby housekustoms on Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:00 pm

I don't see it listed but I'll ask anyway just in case. I have a Sunn Enforcer from 1983. I've always wished I had a service manual (not sure existed) or any service bulletin information for it. I have schematics (2 variants) but would always be interested in seeing anything related to it.
I'm a little bit :old: now, but I still like to :jam:

housekustoms
Page

Postby stratele52 on Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:11 am

housekustoms wrote:I don't see it listed but I'll ask anyway just in case. I have a Sunn Enforcer from 1983. I've always wished I had a service manual (not sure existed) or any service bulletin information for it. I have schematics (2 variants) but would always be interested in seeing anything related to it.

Look here ;
http://www.sunnamps.com/manuals.html
stratele52
Knight

Postby housekustoms on Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:34 pm

Yep thanks stratele52,

I have the user manual from Fender's SUNN site. Also got one that has the channel crosstalk service bulletin but they don't define the components that were used on the relay board that is added with that fix. Would love to know just what they were. I have a schematics both with and without that mod but no info on the relays that were used.

Also seems to have been other design changes across the brief life of that model (not even 150 were made) as mine appears to be a hybrid of the two schematics that I have. Mine is factory original and uses the original digital channel switching yet mine has the zener diodes that don't appear on the schematic for the digital channel switching version but do appear on the later relay switching version. So it seems there must be a third version whose schematic I have not yet seen.

I don't think there is a lot of interest in this amp on this forum but if anyone is interested pipe in and I'll post the schematics that I do have.

I would like to apply the channel crosstalk factory mod but until I can determine the specific relay that was on the additional pc board called for in this service bulletin (P.N. 20-0217) used I am stuck. The other component values appear on the schematic and between the schematic and the Service bulletin installation instructions I can derive the circuit run for making the additional board. Just don't know the spec for the relay nor I am expert enough to make an educated guess at it. If anyone should have an Enforcer with the 4th circuit board piggy-backed on the main circuit board, a good photo that can identify the relay would be VERY helpful.

Although there is little interest in these since there really aren't many of them, if I ended up able to recreate the circuit board I would make several of them in case anyone else wanted to do the same...no charge.
I'm a little bit :old: now, but I still like to :jam:

housekustoms
Page

Postby stratele52 on Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:16 am

Sunn is own by fender . Why don't you go on Fender forum and ask ? There is some people know lots of thing there .

orums.fender.com/index.php
stratele52
Knight

Postby paco512 on Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:29 pm

gusfinley wrote:I have a source for two Sunn service manuals.

One is of '72 era Transistor Amps: 190B, 190L, 350B, 350L, Solos II, Concert P.A., Coliseum Lead, Coliseum Bass, Coliseum Slave, Coliseum 880, Coliseum Audio Controller, Concert Lead, Concert Bass, Concert Salve, Concert Controller I, Studio Lead, Studio Bass, Studio P.A.

The other is for tube goodies: Sonic I, Sonic I-40, Sonaro, Spectrum I, Sentura I, Solarus, Sonic II, 200S, Sorado, Sonic I-40, 100S, Spectrum II, 100S, Sceptre, Sentura II, Studio P.A., Coliseum P.A., 2000S

If you need a schematic, I might be able to help you out...

My son just picked up a Sunn Solos II and I would be grateful for any info you might share. Its amazing how little info is out there for this amp.
I have a schematic and 3 card layout sheets. The amp had hum issues and thumping upon movement. I opened it up and found a cap that had come loose. I fixed that and it was fine. Left the room for 20 minutes and when I got back it had lost all its volume.
It may have overheated?? don't know yet. I was happy for 5 minutes. lol

paco512
paco512
Peasant

Postby 66tele on Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:50 pm

While the original post is rather old, it should be corrected: The Sunn 190B, 190L, 350B and 350L are vacuum tube amps, not transistor (or solid state).
66tele
Peasant

Return to Miscellaneous American Amplifiers