Bugera Model 1990 Amp........

Contemporary amp builders and manufacturers.

Bugera Model 1990 Amp........

Postby Jack Hester on Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:58 pm

I have no idea of what I have, but it was almost a gift. No pedal, but I found a replacement. No schematic, which is what I really want my hands on. That will tell me more about what I have, than just the owners manual. I downloaded that and am impressed with what the amp is supposed to be capable of.

Worse case, I've got a cabinet, nice chassis, some good looking iron, and plenty of tubes and components to build a killer project amp. But, I would like to know what I have. It was built in '04. Thanks for any info.

Jack
"We sleep safe in our beds
because rough men stand ready in the night
to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

---George Orwell
Jack Hester
Certified

Re: Bugera Model 1990 Amp........

Postby chvlmd3 on Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:48 pm

the bugera 1990 is their version of a marshall jcm 900(non slx) i think it comes down to if you like the way it sounds its a keeper you may drop it by a tech and have the bias checked as i have its not common for the bias to be out and burn up tubes out of the box. i think my buddy played one like this as he said it was squealing like mad and fuzzy as all get out it.
Sovtek Mig 100B Bassov Blues Boy
60's filmosound 15w amp
Marshall Cabs
chvlmd3
Peasant

Re: Bugera Model 1990 Amp........

Postby Jack Hester on Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:52 pm

I've got an adapter for a two-tube push-pull setup, but I don't have the amp in my shop at the moment. A friend has it to carry to a practice session. I'll tweak the bias when I get it back. I plan to slip the chassis out and make a voltage chart. Once I have that, I can more correctly bias it, knowing the plate voltage of the power tubes.

One comment he made was that he thinks that the tolex (if that's what it is) may not be original. It is all white, and he couldn't remember seeing one offered in white. Other than that, the amp appears to be in new condition. It's too new for me, but I just could pass up the deal.
"We sleep safe in our beds
because rough men stand ready in the night
to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

---George Orwell
Jack Hester
Certified

Return to Modern Guitar Amps and Builders