Wow - Kitchen Marshall JTM45

This forum is for those who like to watch eBay auctions and those who want to alert the users of a specific auction.
Forum rules
Please do not use this forum as a spam to promote your own auction unless you have over 100 posts. We ask that comments about auctions be kept civil as well as respectful. If your a business and would like to use our forum to promote your ebay auctions, please contact us directly before promoting auctions on this forum.

Wow - Kitchen Marshall JTM45

Postby appetite4distortion on Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:39 am

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MARSHALL-JTM- ... SS:IT:3160

Not intending to make any offer, but it's cool to see sometimes some really good non-scam stuff.
Proud to be loud
appetite4distortion
Certified

Re: Wow - Kitchen Marshall JTM45

Postby Unit_1 on Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:48 am

this amp comes up for resale over and over and over

i myself have posted this same post about a year ago! lol....

http://vintageamps.com/plexiboard/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=103508&hilit=+kitchen+marshall
The ability to play/make music is a gift that not everyone gets. Those of us who have it should use it.

Asimov:Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence, the concept around which it revolves, has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.
Unit_1
Prince

Location: Kali4ñia (a small planet orbiting the west coast of the United States)

Postby appetite4distortion on Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:51 am

lol - I too recall to my mind auctions in the past for a highly priced kitchen marshall, was it the same guy? cannot remember all these detailed pictures/info. He claims previous listings were scams with robbed pictures..BS?
Proud to be loud
appetite4distortion
Certified

Postby LD50 on Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:06 am

What I do know is that internally it is virtually identical to my 65 JTM45 although mine is lead spec (4/8 and 16ohm). It reassures me about the brown wire used for the heaters and the input socket earth points.
Odd things are the later 50w PT that has been fitted to it (1202-118) and mine has output selector on the side of the OT (the hole ob the back of mine is the mains selector - this is missing one!
The extra holes for the front panel are a clue too.

Even if correct not worth the asking price and who does own it? :?:
All bleeding stops.......eventually.
LD50
Prince

Postby appetite4distortion on Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:41 am

Oh yes, I agree, probably it will never sell anywhere near that price (if it ever sells). Maybe one third of that?
I think this is purely collector stuff and you pay only for the rarity, as any JTM of the era should deliver the same, only with a different logo but almost with one "zero" less in the asking price :wink: ..and still I don'think any collector wants to push this kind of vintage Fender / Gibson money in any Marshall.
Hendrix amp, maybe, or dumble, or trainwreck? or very early offset logo first year? I have no idea..
All in all, still a cool and very rare amp. Of course assuming it's serious listing and not another scam!
Proud to be loud
appetite4distortion
Certified

Postby Strat59 on Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:49 am

Judging by the mess around the mains tranny frame and filter cap area, there has been a serious tranny meltdown or cap explosion.
"Blues players don't mess around with a guitar, they hit the bloody thing"........ Rory Gallagher
Strat59
Baron

Return to eBay Watch