Mojave Scorpion

Discuss the Mojave AmpWorks product line.

Mojave Scorpion

Postby CrocDonD on Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:39 pm

I have an opportunity to buy a used(2 yrs. old) Mojave Scorpion. The price is right. I am aprehensive because a 50W amp is probably way more than I need. My question is: How well does the power dampening work? I will probably never run this amp wide open but I was very impressed with all he sound clips I have heard. I have read on other forums that even with the power dampening engaged I would need an additional atenuator. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
CrocDonD
Peasant

Re: Mojave Scorpion

Postby AlanC on Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:02 pm

It depends on where you will be playing it. If it's for home use only, then you will probably need some sort of attenuator, unless you set the amp very clean, with both treble and bass volumes very low. However, If you are playing in a band situation, in small pubs etc. then you will have no problem, as the power dampening will be enough. I have a Scorpion and 2 Mojave 2 X 12 Cabs since 2006, and it's one of the best amps I have ever played through. Blues, Rock, hard Rock etc. it's all there. Also, Vic is great to deal with. I live in Ireland, and anytime I have ever rang or e-mailed Vic, he has answered straight away, no matter how small the question. Fantastic after sales service.
Hope this helps!
Alan.
AlanC
Peasant

Postby CrocDonD on Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:53 pm

Thanks. That is helpful info. It would be primarily for home use, not bedroon level but certainly not cranked. I still may purchase it just to get my hands on one. The fellow is willing to let it go for $1000.00. That's almost half price.
CrocDonD
Peasant

Postby AlanC on Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:30 am

For that kind of money, you wont go wrong. The build quality of these amps are second to none. Best of luck!
AlanC
Peasant

Postby Jerry G on Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:39 pm

AlanC wrote:For that kind of money, you wont go wrong. The build quality of these amps are second to none. Best of luck!

They are built like a tank and Vic is a stand up guy if you need help.
Jerry G
Page

Return to Mojave AmpWorks