Any "ORIGINAL" members still around?

Topics other than amps, guitars, and tone. No posts about politics or religion.

Any "ORIGINAL" members still around?

Postby Highwaystar on Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:58 am

Any "ORIGINAL" members still around? and by that I mean those of us from the old old old versions of this forum.(bulletin 1.1)
:laff:
Well just to give a update on Ol' Nate, he has been stupid busy building those race engines 12 plus hours a day, which means I can't spend time with my strings and tubes. 8)
So I figure I would stop by for a shout while looking for guitar things my daughter needs. To bad I'm a lefty she would have a few Gibson and Fenders at her fingertips.

Peace out brothers and sisters
Nate / #7
Highwaystar
King

Re: Any "ORIGINAL" members still around?

Postby Unit_1 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:28 am

members will come and go

it's the ideas that can not be allowed to die

(dude did i haiku that or WHUT!!!!!!??? :lol: )
The ability to play/make music is a gift that not everyone gets. Those of us who have it should use it.

Asimov:Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence, the concept around which it revolves, has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.
Unit_1
Prince

Location: Kali4ñia (a small planet orbiting the west coast of the United States)

Postby Tman on Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:20 am

I've been hanging around a while. I found this place looking for info on my old Sound City.
Tman
Knight

Postby 52Boomer on Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:15 am

Highwaystar, I feel like I know you.

Remember the Bozo icon that everyone seemed to like :?:
" Are you sure that you're not just imagining that ? "
52Boomer
Prince

Postby Strat59 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:13 pm

Been 5 yrs ...... must be due for parole soon :lol:

Great place to hang out, learnt a lot :thumbsup:
"Blues players don't mess around with a guitar, they hit the bloody thing"........ Rory Gallagher
Strat59
Baron

Postby madjackhatter on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:58 pm

Tman wrote:I've been hanging around a while. I found this place looking for info on my old Sound City.

That was the same beast that brought me here too... I miss seeing the Tube Tramp, Klyniss, and Jeff from High Order Pickups as well as a few others that lurked these parts in the day also....
Recordings from Kerosene Highway and Madjackhatter here...
https://soundcloud.com/kerosene-highway
madjackhatter
Mad Baron

Postby Mayhawk on Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:27 pm

I'm still here.....best place for amp stories and tips, IMO. :thumbsup:

I miss Tubetramp, Leftee, Klynniss, Cocotone, 59Burst (Mr Gibson to you), Mulder (and his pics :shock: )

I also miss Mr Fluffy....he didn't post much, but he had a rockin' name.

:jam:

Anyone remember Voxplayer....was he/she a man or woman......or has that been resolved?
Mayhawk
User of the Murse

Postby Ned B on Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:47 pm

I remember an earlier version of the board where the members were numbered based on membership date. I was #14 I believe.
Ned B
Baron

Postby steveokla on Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:57 pm

It's funny. I remember being the new kid on the block when I signed on in 05 hoping to get some counsel in acquiring my first vintage amp (well, not counting the ones i owned as a kid, which weren't vintage then). It was a 64 VV, and the guys back then-some still around, some gone-unselfishly shepherded me through it. Still have that amp, by the by. Now I guess I'm in the middle of the pack tenure-wise. I miss hearing from some of the departed (from the forum, that is), and sometimes wonder what became of them. Also wonder why folks leave--it's not like if you move or some such you can't get on the board. I'm convinced the vintage gear affliction is chronic and terminal--it's hard for me to imagine that folks leave the forum because they've lost interest in vintage amps and such.
steveokla
Baron

Postby Strat59 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:18 pm

steveokla wrote:It's funny. I remember being the new kid on the block when I signed on in 05 hoping to get some counsel in acquiring my first vintage amp (well, not counting the ones i owned as a kid, which weren't vintage then). It was a 64 VV, and the guys back then-some still around, some gone-unselfishly shepherded me through it. Still have that amp, by the by. Now I guess I'm in the middle of the pack tenure-wise. I miss hearing from some of the departed (from the forum, that is), and sometimes wonder what became of them. Also wonder why folks leave--it's not like if you move or some such you can't get on the board. I'm convinced the vintage gear affliction is chronic and terminal--it's hard for me to imagine that folks leave the forum because they've lost interest in vintage amps and such.

It's not till you go looking back through ones Posting History that you see names you remember from that time, now no longer contributing. :(
I agree Steve, love of Vintage Amps / Guitars is an addiction . No matter how old we get you pass a sexy girl in the street.... :) You pass music store with some Classic Vintage Fender or Plexi Marshall amps and Fender, Gibson guitars from the '50's early '60s in the window ..... :D :thumbsup:
"Blues players don't mess around with a guitar, they hit the bloody thing"........ Rory Gallagher
Strat59
Baron

Postby pckpat on Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:34 pm

Yes,a lot of the old crew are sadly gone...along with a wealth of info.Many colourful characters,which sometimes would lead to the inevitable personality clashes.I think this is one of the main reasons why a lot of people left-of course,I could be totally off-base there(wouldn't be the first time :P )
Anyway,good to see you back Nate.
"Who does not work,is heavy to the earth" (Albanian proverb)
"Vision without action,is a dream-Action without vision is a nightmare"-(Japanese saying)
pckpat
Emperor

Postby Ned B on Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:36 pm

We also had our share of nut cases back in those early years. IlikeBeans comes to mind.
Ned B
Baron

Postby steveokla on Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:52 pm

pckpat wrote: Anyway,good to see you back Nate.

Plus 1 to that!
steveokla
Baron

Postby ayh on Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:52 pm

Have I realiy spent ELEVEN years here ,pretending that I know somethin about guitars n amps ........?
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
ayh
Motivational Speaker

Postby peter horvath on Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:06 pm

Hey there, Nate! I'm still hanging out here...
peter horvath
Baron

Next

Return to Off-Topic Lounge