Dallas Arbiter L90f 4x12 Cab

20 Studio, 50+, 50PA, 50R, L100, B100, L120, L120PA, L120R, 120 SLAVE, B120, B150, L150, L200, B200, Concord, and SMF

Re: Dallas Arbiter L90f 4x12 Cab

Postby Papa Dog on Thu May 23, 2013 11:37 pm

Kevino wrote:Some more Pics:

So as you can see its a sealed back...but he second input (or output) is missing!

A fake? A put-together with a fake tag? Maybe the L90F was like this? Maybe a super rare prototype cab worth millions? :D

Nope, don't look fake to me.
Yes, it has a sealed back, and that second jack should be wired in paralell with the other. That was to facilitate "daisy chaining" of cabs. Shorter cable runs, although one would still need to sets of cabs for a 200+. The catalogues show them with four cabs. That would be a dream (or nightmare) system.

I think that that tag came from and L110 combo and the L90F refers to the speaker type, but will need to research that more. The piping says it is a DA built cab from the early 70s, so it most likely got to your friend used.

We could always hope to have a rare prototype of something fall into our hands in a happy accident, but I reckon this to be a repaired older cab and worth exactly what you would be willing to sell it for.
There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch.

"The time has come," the Walrus said,
"To talk of many things:
Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--
Of cabbages--and kings--"
Papa Dog
Knight

Postby 57lpjr on Fri May 24, 2013 5:18 pm

I have more gear than I need...but not as much gear as I want...

"Roll over Woodstock - we won!" & "Music is life, and life is not a business." (Iggy Pop 3/15/10)

"but lately one or two has fully paid their due for working for the clampdown...HAH, Gitalong, Gitalong"

"I believe, believe, believe, that there's better days ahead. I believe, believe, believe, that there's a heaven before I'm dead."

"I'll play for free but I gotta get paid for breaking my s**t down at the end of the night"
57lpjr
Ampmeister

Postby Papa Dog on Fri May 24, 2013 11:46 pm

Pitty that cab has been unloaded.
I wonder if the speaker he has listed is from that cab? Also wonder if he has them all...
IF I had the dosh to spare I would go ahead and buy it, and also the speaker(s) just to put it back proper.
It is an odd bird with piping running around the cab instead of accross the top and bottom.
So...what we might have here with Kevino's L90f might be a very rare late 60s/early 70s cab that does not show up in any of the brochures or price lists that I have ( so far as I can tell).
Good Hi-res pics would be welcome, as I would love to have something "new" to put up on the site.

"To talk of many things:
Papa Dog
Knight

Postby Kevino on Sat May 25, 2013 4:04 am

Hi Papa Dog,

If you give me your e mail I'll do do a complete hi-Rez photo shoot of the whole cab; clothed, naked and in various strange and weird angles...

Will be next week as I'm away for the weekend..

Regards,
Kevino
Peasant

Postby Papa Dog on Sat May 25, 2013 11:25 am

Kevino wrote:Hi Papa Dog,

If you give me your e mail I'll do do a complete hi-Rez photo shoot of the whole cab; clothed, naked and in various strange and weird angles...

Will be next week as I'm away for the weekend..

Regards,

Ok then. E-mail sent by PM.
Will do what I can to get it up on the site ASAP.
That one is going to be an interesting addition to the rare and unusual section.
There are some links and is some imformation on that e-bay listing above that will stand checking out as well.

"To talk of many things:
Papa Dog
Knight

Previous

Return to Sound City