Soundcitysite.com

20 Studio, 50+, 50PA, 50R, L100, B100, L120, L120PA, L120R, 120 SLAVE, B120, B150, L150, L200, B200, Concord, and SMF

Soundcitysite.com

Postby Papa Dog on Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:45 am

All,
I have just completed re-repairing the links and permissions on the Sound City Site.
All links should work as of now, and I am looking for a different host, at lest until I can get a T-1 or better back inhouse.

I am and have been working on a new format to expand the range of offerings there, and to create more of a "community" atmosphere.

Please let me know if there are any further issues with the site by either replying to this post or in a PM.
I will address any issues as soon as possible after being made aware of them.

In the meantime:
Studio 20 watt http://soundcitysite.com/sc_studio_20_preamp.pdf
and http://soundcitysite.com/sc_studio_20_power_amp.pdf

SoundCity 120 Mk4 http://soundcitysite.com/sc_120_1.jpg
There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch.

"The time has come," the Walrus said,
"To talk of many things:
Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--
Of cabbages--and kings--"
Papa Dog
Knight

Re: Soundcitysite.com

Postby MajorWatt on Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:07 am

Did you get all the schemos and pix from Micheal when he closed the site?
Check out our songs at.......
http://www.youtube.com/my_videos?feature=mhee
http://www.reverbnation.com/blacksundaydream
http://www.soundclick.com/blacksundaydream

"Except For Ending Slavery, Fascism, Nazism and Communism, WAR has Never Solved Anything."
MajorWatt
Airport Gropee

Location: S.F. Bay Area. Where the sun always shines! Except on cloudy or rainy days...

Postby Papa Dog on Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:55 am

MajorWatt wrote:Did you get all the schemos and pix from Micheal when he closed the site?

Michael did not "close" the site. The site was handed over to me to operate.
when I "retire" I shall find a worthy successor and hand it off to them.
I have the entire site, and it is currently up and running essentially as it was passed on to me.
I have ALL the schematics and pics that were on the other server, as well as a complete archive of the site as it was when it was handed over to me, including all the pictures and schematics. I also have some other information which has yet to be posted, as I am working on a "re-build" with several more features. Much of the new material will be on the rebuilt site.
Michael is still feilding questions for the site and I have some corespondence which I will be converting into Q&A for the FAQ section.

Is there something in particular which you cannot find and need or want?

"To talk of many things:
Papa Dog
Knight

Postby Papa Dog on Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:06 am

A couple days ag, in another thread, there was a comment made that the links on the Sound City Site were not working.
That was both true and correct. The current host server has some "undocumented features" of which I was un-aware, most odious being that they "re-write" links when pages are uploaded or changed. This requires going in through their text editor and correcting the links. I am very sorry that I was not aware of this "oh-so-special 'feature'", and caused some persons to be un-able, for c. ONE (1) day to access the schematics. The issue has been fixed, and I have yet to see any reaction such as "why did it take ya so long?" or "thanks for addressing the issue".

Yes, I DO have ALL the schematics and pics which were on the previous host. Most of them SHOULD be showing on the new host. If anyone here has "donated" schematics or pics to the site and now wish to revoke that "donation" I can make that happen, although it would grieve me to see any material lost from a public archive such as this.

I do not now, never have, and never will lay claim to "ownership" of the Sound City Site or it's contents, excepting for any articles posted by myself. The Sound City Site is being held by me, in trust, for the entire Sound City community of users, owners, repairmen and afficianadoes of Sound City, Dallas-Arbiter and DMI musical equipment.
Questions, comments and suggestions are most welcome, and if there are thos of you who have experience and wish to contribute in some fashion to this effort please feel free to PM me here or e-mail me at admin@SoundCitySite.com.

"To talk of many things:
Papa Dog
Knight

Postby MajorWatt on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:49 am

Papa Dog wrote:
MajorWatt wrote:Did you get all the schemos and pix from Micheal when he closed the site?

Michael did not "close" the site. The site was handed over to me to operate.
when I "retire" I shall find a worthy successor and hand it off to them.
I have the entire site, and it is currently up and running essentially as it was passed on to me.
I have ALL the schematics and pics that were on the other server, as well as a complete archive of the site as it was when it was handed over to me, including all the pictures and schematics. I also have some other information which has yet to be posted, as I am working on a "re-build" with several more features. Much of the new material will be on the rebuilt site.
Michael is still feilding questions for the site and I have some corespondence which I will be converting into Q&A for the FAQ section.

Is there something in particular which you cannot find and need or want?

Oh, okay... my mistake... :oops: I thought he had washed his hands of it and had just downloaded it all to you...

I don't need anything right now, but it's nice to know the goodies will be there... :cheers:
Check out our songs at.......
http://www.youtube.com/my_videos?feature=mhee
http://www.reverbnation.com/blacksundaydream
http://www.soundclick.com/blacksundaydream

"Except For Ending Slavery, Fascism, Nazism and Communism, WAR has Never Solved Anything."
MajorWatt
Airport Gropee

Location: S.F. Bay Area. Where the sun always shines! Except on cloudy or rainy days...

Postby 1953Vintage on Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:04 pm

It was more of a hand-off to PapaDog. I had taken it as far as I could, and it needed a new curator.

How's that, Papa? Curator? Sure works for me.
Michael
Visit the Sound City Site!
1953Vintage
Baron

Postby Papa Dog on Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:46 am

1953Vintage wrote:It was more of a hand-off to PapaDog. I had taken it as far as I could, and it needed a new curator.

How's that, Papa? Curator? Sure works for me.
Michael

Michael,
Curator, custodian, trustee, keeper of the flame....it's all good.
Thanks again for the oportunity to contribute to the community in a meaningful way.
John

"To talk of many things:
Papa Dog
Knight

Postby Rex Everything on Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:26 am

Found one broken link on the site. I'll keep looking and post here if/when I find more.

It's the link to the home page at the bottom left of a page.
Rex Everything
Peasant

Postby Papa Dog on Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:50 pm

Rex Everything wrote:Found one broken link on the site. I'll keep looking and post here if/when I find more.

Thank you for the heads up.
Would you mind sharing which page it is? or is it consistant on all the pages?

"To talk of many things:
Papa Dog
Knight

Postby Rex Everything on Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:40 am

Papa Dog wrote:
Rex Everything wrote:Found one broken link on the site. I'll keep looking and post here if/when I find more.

Thank you for the heads up.
Would you mind sharing which page it is? or is it consistant on all the pages?

No problem. Always happy to help when and where I can.

From what I've clicked around on so far it appears to only be from the "About this site" page. It's a 404 error code

"404: Page not found
This error is generated when there was no web page with the name you specified at the web site.

Troubleshooting suggestions:

Ensure the page you are linking to exists in the correct folder.

Check your file name for case sensitivity . Index.htm is not the same as index.htm!

Temporarily disable any rewrite rules by renaming your .htaccess file if it exists."

Hope this helps. There is a lot of content on the site so as I'm clicking around learning I'll let you know here (or pm if you prefer) if I come across anything else.
Rex Everything
Peasant

Postby moondoggy on Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:04 am

Has any progress been made on the idea of a Sound City Registry I read about forming a while back?
moondoggy
Peasant

Postby Papa Dog on Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:12 am

moondoggy wrote:Has any progress been made on the idea of a Sound City Registry I read about forming a while back?

There are several things in the works, including the registry. Sadly I had an horrible allergic reaction to some meds I was on, and between that and a few other projects which I have on my plate I have made far less progress than I had hoped. Hopefully when I can bring my favorite web-building machine back online I shall amke very short work of getting the new face and new features implimented. Still promise to never have addss of any sort. NO overt links, NO banner or popup adds and no corporate sponsers pushing their wares.

"To talk of many things:
Papa Dog
Knight

Postby moondoggy on Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:27 am

I'm the original owner of a B150 with 2 B115e bottoms. The serial number on the head is 2027. Could that be possible?
moondoggy
Peasant

Postby Papa Dog on Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:24 am

moondoggy wrote:I'm the original owner of a B150 with 2 B115e bottoms. The serial number on the head is 2027. Could that be possible?

I personally cannot answer that question. I do not know that much about Sound City's numbering system.
OTOH if Michael happens to check in he might could tell ya that. He has forgotten far more about Sound City amps than I will ever know.
We do need to compile a list of know serial number sequences, don't we?
If you are orginal owner, though, and that is the serial number, then I reckon that it is possible.
Why would you wonder?

"To talk of many things:
Papa Dog
Knight

Return to Sound City