1966 Super Reverb Maintenence

Bandmaster, Bassman, Champ, Concert, Deluxe, Harvard, Princeton, Pro, Super, Tremolux, Twin, Vibrasonic, Vibrolux, Vibroverb and others

Re: 1966 Super Reverb Maintenence

Postby jaywalker on Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:30 pm

The "box" Gabi used in the first video.
jaywalker
Baron

Postby stratele52 on Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:13 pm

Aiken amp as JayWalker link;

Proper orientation of the capacitors will make the amplifier much less susceptible to outside noise, including hum, interference from fluorescent lighting, and tendency towards oscillations or frequency-response peaks and dips due to unwanted feedback from nearby signals within the amplifier, which can affect the tone of the amplifier (and is the reason why some people claim the amp sounds different if the caps are oriented in the opposite way - if there is no accidental coupling, there will be no tonal difference, but there will still be a noise benefit gained from orienting the caps the correct way).
stratele52
Knight

Postby vez on Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:29 pm

I have finished all the work on my amp. I replaced all the bias caps and plate resistors and replaced the Duranite caps and a couple others. I also replaced some resistors whose values were way out of range.The amp now sounds tremendous! Future work will include a better (small head cabinet and a reverb tank. Thank you for all your help!

vez
Squire

Postby stratele52 on Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:57 pm

Nice job , congrat.
stratele52
Knight

Previous

Return to Fender