Pedal Board Organization

Some like 'em and some don't, but I bet everyone has at least a couple — Analog Delay, Digital Delay, Reverb, Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, Tube Overdrive, Transistor Overdrive, Fuzz, Octave Fuzz, Tremolo, Vibrato, Compressor and the list goes on!

Re: Pedal Board Organization

Postby Tank on Thu May 21, 2009 2:28 am

Britishampfan wrote:I got a little sticker shock from the switchblade. :shock:

Yeah, it'll do that at first. But you'll never need another switcher again. Period.
66/67 JTM45/100
69/70 4x12 Basketweave
67/68 1987 Smallbox
Tank
Page

Postby Anje on Fri May 29, 2009 9:31 am

Tank you got a killer rig ! :cheers:
seems those switchblade are real nice.

I've been thinking of trying a switcher for some time, but I think it would be overkill for my current needs where I try to stay compact.. the thing is you have to add a rack in addition to your pedalboard when you go to that kind of system (I don't have any rack gear anymore, only head + cab + PB).
http://geoffroy-marcus.com/: supporting new French Electro Jazz-pop album from a good friend - great authentic Hammond, Rhodes, Moog... tones with old school funk-bluesy-rock fusion flavors.
Anje
Knight

Location: Dark Side Of The Moon (Somewhere between SC and Krakow..)

Postby Tank on Fri May 29, 2009 2:24 pm

Anje wrote:Tank you got a killer rig ! :cheers:
seems those switchblade are real nice.

I've been thinking of trying a switcher for some time, but I think it would be overkill for my current needs where I try to stay compact.. the thing is you have to add a rack in addition to your pedalboard when you go to that kind of system (I don't have any rack gear anymore, only head + cab + PB).

Thanks Anje! Also, congrats on selling your Blackflag (saw the post on TGP). Rack systems are definitely remnants of the 80s, and small pedalboards on the floor are the way most guys go unless you're a touring pro (I could post pics of tons of pro rigs for days, all of which use switching systems). But there are certains tones, sounds, etc. I just can't squeeze out of a stomp box (especially delays), so I use the rack system.

Plus, it looks cool as h-ll! 8)
66/67 JTM45/100
69/70 4x12 Basketweave
67/68 1987 Smallbox
Tank
Page

Postby GuitarBob on Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:30 pm

[...gee, if I'da known my crummy Mutron Phaser would be 'cool' some day, I'da kept it!]
GuitarBob
Peasant

Postby The Pup on Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:30 pm

Fear No Solder!
The Pup
Prince

Postby Papa Dog on Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:24 pm

back in the day, before I spent 20+ years on the road driving truck, I had a pretty sweet system for the day.
Sorry that there are no surviving pictures.

pedal sysem went as thus
(1) DOD overdrive/preamp set to a clean unity gain setting, no overdrive, just to act as a buffer for the chain and to keep the guitar from "loading"
(2) origional CryBaby wah pedal (my first fx and still a fav)
(3)big muff Pi fuzz tone
(4)2x EH Electric Mistress filter/Flanger one set on slow and fat, the other on fast
(5&6) 2 EchoPlex tape delays i set to short "slapback" with the output going to the second amp and the other set to a long "echo" delay
(7) a maestro miniphase

the only thing that I didn't have back then that i wanted was called a "flying pan" and that would have gone at the end of the chain with a line to both amps.

Unfortunately, when my first wife took off, most of my gear dis-appeared.
Now days it is just a LesPaul 61 re-issue, the cry baby and a marshall 100 with 4x12s
Soon enough I hope to have the Sound City 200+ back up and running, along with a Speakeasy RB2 Leslie clone, voiced and crossed over for guitar. All i really want or need besides that would be a delay/doubler of some sort with stereo outs.
There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch.

"The time has come," the Walrus said,
"To talk of many things:
Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--
Of cabbages--and kings--"
Papa Dog
Knight

Previous

Return to Effects and the Signal Chain