Colorsound 3 knob Tonebender clone

Some like 'em and some don't, but I bet everyone has at least a couple — Analog Delay, Digital Delay, Reverb, Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, Tube Overdrive, Transistor Overdrive, Fuzz, Octave Fuzz, Tremolo, Vibrato, Compressor and the list goes on!

Colorsound 3 knob Tonebender clone

Postby thebugman on Tue May 17, 2005 9:04 pm

I truly love the germanium sound of orgasm of my thin case 3 knob Tonebender (the one from 1974 with orange lettering etc)
My only problem with that pedal is the volume drop. I really wish it was a little bit louder (my clean sound is quite a loud and ringy one with lots of presence) It is easily drowned in the band sound when engaged..
So I'm basically looking for a good clone of that exact pedal with more volume.
any recommendations?
michael
thebugman
Knight

Re: Colorsound 3 knob Tonebender clone

Postby carlygtr on Tue May 17, 2005 9:28 pm

Originally posted by thebugman:
I truly love the germanium sound of orgasm of my thin case 3 knob Tonebender (the one from 1974 with orange lettering etc)
My only problem with that pedal is the volume drop. I really wish it was a little bit louder (my clean sound is quite a loud and ringy one with lots of presence) It is easily drowned in the band sound when engaged..
So I'm basically looking for a good clone of that exact pedal with more volume.
any recommendations?
michael
MJM 3-knob Brit-Bender
carlygtr
Squire

Postby thebugman on Wed May 18, 2005 1:22 pm

thanks
I just came across this page FUZZ CENTRAL
and apparently I can remove one resistor across the pots to give it a bit more output. However, I really want to build a clone myself, these pedals look so damn simple and those few parts can't be expensive. And I want to learn a bit about electronics along the way :)
thebugman
Knight

Postby thebugman on Tue May 24, 2005 12:50 pm

Hi Amperex, thanks for your reply! I read about the 220k resistor.
Just clipping it did not work, I used a bare wire as a bypass and the pedal is now much louder! Can't believe they put in such a high resistor stock... Although the volume is too loud now to be completely maxed, I'll try a 47k resistor instead. This is a wonderful pedal, and now even more useful than before.
michael
thebugman
Knight

Postby Tube Tramp on Tue May 24, 2005 5:34 pm

BUGGGGGGBOYYYYY WHAT ABOUT SC PICTURES WE NEED THEM VERY BADLY with special consideration to the output tube section and the rails up there.cmon give us the goods !!!! tt getting desperate.does anyone have an orignial l 100 that can take 10 minutes to shoot a clear and accurate photo sos so the unnst man can finish it.
Tube Tramp
King

Postby thebugman on Tue May 24, 2005 9:24 pm

hey Tube Tramp don't despair, I have the cam and will provide you with the pictures within the next 10 hours! Unfortunately there was some delay in getting a cam at school and the amp is in the practice room, sorry for letting you wait.
pics will be up soon!
michael
thebugman
Knight

Return to Effects and the Signal Chain