No bypass signal + distorted effect v6 EHX 'Mistress 1981

Some like 'em and some don't, but I bet everyone has at least a couple — Analog Delay, Digital Delay, Reverb, Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, Tube Overdrive, Transistor Overdrive, Fuzz, Octave Fuzz, Tremolo, Vibrato, Compressor and the list goes on!

No bypass signal + distorted effect v6 EHX 'Mistress 1981

Postby tj7 on Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:48 pm

Hi there,

Just bought one of these:

http://www.metzgerralf.de/elekt/stomp/m ... s-v6.shtml

I believe some damage has taken place in transit because there is no signal coming through the pedal when it is not engaged and when the pedal is engaged, the flanger effect is distorted.

So that's two probs I have no idea how to resolve. I would have thought perhaps the trim pots needed adjusting re the distortion issue, but as you can see with this late version of the pedal, there are no visible trim pots for me to adjust.

I have found the same prob whether the pedal is running by battery or external power supply.

Help appreciated so I can take some advise to my techie.

Ben

ps before anyone suggests it, I have also posted at DIY and EHX...
tj7
Peasant

Re: No bypass signal + distorted effect v6 EHX 'Mistress 198

Postby vez on Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:12 am

tj7 wrote:Hi there,

Just bought one of these:

http://www.metzgerralf.de/elekt/stomp/m ... s-v6.shtml

I believe some damage has taken place in transit because there is no signal coming through the pedal when it is not engaged and when the pedal is engaged, the flanger effect is distorted.

So that's two probs I have no idea how to resolve. I would have thought perhaps the trim pots needed adjusting re the distortion issue, but as you can see with this late version of the pedal, there are no visible trim pots for me to adjust.

I have found the same prob whether the pedal is running by battery or external power supply.

Help appreciated so I can take some advise to my techie.

Ben

ps before anyone suggests it, I have also posted at DIY and EHX...

Hi tj7,
I wonder if it uses a transistor to switch the by pass? If so, check the continuity of the wiring to the transistors.
vez
Squire

Return to Effects and the Signal Chain