Uni-Vibe UV-1

Some like 'em and some don't, but I bet everyone has at least a couple — Analog Delay, Digital Delay, Reverb, Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, Tube Overdrive, Transistor Overdrive, Fuzz, Octave Fuzz, Tremolo, Vibrato, Compressor and the list goes on!

Uni-Vibe UV-1

Postby vez on Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:13 pm

I got a Uni-Vibe today found on CL.
It's a discontinued Dunlop UV-1 model.
I got a very good deal on it. I traded him for one of my pedals.
I was going to wait and get one from these guys in Eastern Europe that make a really nice one but their's cost cover $300.
So I jumps on this one. I pretty happy with it
vez
Squire

Re: Uni-Vibe UV-1

Postby Unit_1 on Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:35 am

I got one for about $180 back in 2007 or so

Fantastic pedal, I didn't realize they have been discontinued. Now I wish I had bought the foot pedal attachment - argh
The ability to play/make music is a gift that not everyone gets. Those of us who have it should use it.

Asimov:Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence, the concept around which it revolves, has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.
Unit_1
Prince

Location: Kali4ñia (a small planet orbiting the west coast of the United States)

Postby pckpat on Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:26 am

Yeah, I got one a few years ago, very slightly used. It was another way-stop on my endless journey for a nice useable vibe sound. Still not exactly what I really hoped for. I mean it's good, and all, but...really boosts the signal level when on, I guess that's my main complaint. I did kind of prefer my Line 6 Roto-Machine. (Yeah, I know :oops: ) but I got it and the Otto-Machine both for $90 brand-new;and they do make very good boat anchors. The sound of the Line 6 was ok,(all modelled, but they did the ramp thing pretty accurately) -however, nothing but switching problems from the get-go.
I am glad I picked up the foot-treadle with my Uni-Vibe.I think both pieces ran me almost $300 though.My last attempt has been to purchase a mint Leslie 125. Little hard to fit on the pedal-board though.
"Who does not work,is heavy to the earth" (Albanian proverb)
"Vision without action,is a dream-Action without vision is a nightmare"-(Japanese saying)
pckpat
Emperor

Postby Unit_1 on Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:01 am

pckpat wrote:Yeah, I got one a few years ago, very slightly used. It was another way-stop on my endless journey for a nice useable vibe sound. Still not exactly what I really hoped for. I mean it's good, and all, but...really boosts the signal level when on, I guess that's my main complaint. I did kind of prefer my Line 6 Roto-Machine. (Yeah, I know :oops: ) but I got it and the Otto-Machine both for $90 brand-new;and they do make very good boat anchors. The sound of the Line 6 was ok,(all modelled, but they did the ramp thing pretty accurately) -however, nothing but switching problems from the get-go.
I am glad I picked up the foot-treadle with my Uni-Vibe.I think both pieces ran me almost $300 though.My last attempt has been to purchase a mint Leslie 125. Little hard to fit on the pedal-board though.

you know this just got me to thinking, how hard could it be to make a variable speed rotating sound baffle on top of a speaker......

my next endevour me thinks.... a leslie clone....

or how about four rotating sound baffles on top of four speakers on a belt drive so they're synchronized ..... muuuuuuu Aaaahhhhhh haaa haaa haa ha :twisted:
The ability to play/make music is a gift that not everyone gets. Those of us who have it should use it.

Asimov:Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence, the concept around which it revolves, has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.
Unit_1
Prince

Location: Kali4ñia (a small planet orbiting the west coast of the United States)

Postby vez on Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:12 pm

Unit_1 wrote:
pckpat wrote:Yeah, I got one a few years ago, very slightly used. It was another way-stop on my endless journey for a nice useable vibe sound. Still not exactly what I really hoped for. I mean it's good, and all, but...really boosts the signal level when on, I guess that's my main complaint. I did kind of prefer my Line 6 Roto-Machine. (Yeah, I know :oops: ) but I got it and the Otto-Machine both for $90 brand-new;and they do make very good boat anchors. The sound of the Line 6 was ok,(all modelled, but they did the ramp thing pretty accurately) -however, nothing but switching problems from the get-go.

you know this just got me to thinking, how hard could it be to make a variable speed rotating sound baffle on top of a speaker......

my next endevour me thinks.... a leslie clone....

or how about four rotating sound baffles on top of four speakers on a belt drive so they're synchronized ..... muuuuuuu Aaaahhhhhh haaa haaa haa ha :twisted:

A few years back I bought a small Leslie unit (single 10" speaker) for $10. I sounds great but it's a very awkward shape and size: about 7" X 15" X 20". I always wanted to mount it in some kind of cabinet but I haven't figured it out yet.
vez
Squire

Postby Jamie on Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:57 pm

vez wrote:A few years back I bought a small Leslie unit (single 10" speaker) for $10. I sounds great but it's a very awkward shape and size: about 7" X 15" X 20". I always wanted to mount it in some kind of cabinet but I haven't figured it out yet.

Reminds me, I've got a leslie rotor and motor assembly for a 12" but no cab. Could be a project for another day.
Jamie
Baron

Postby vez on Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:00 pm

Jamie wrote:
vez wrote:A few years back I bought a small Leslie unit (single 10" speaker) for $10. I sounds great but it's a very awkward shape and size: about 7" X 15" X 20". I always wanted to mount it in some kind of cabinet but I haven't figured it out yet.

Reminds me, I've got a leslie rotor and motor assembly for a 12" but no cab. Could be a project for another day.

You should get that thing running!
vez
Squire

Return to Effects and the Signal Chain