Current mkt prices for vintage Clyde Wah and Fuzz Face?

Some like 'em and some don't, but I bet everyone has at least a couple — Analog Delay, Digital Delay, Reverb, Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, Tube Overdrive, Transistor Overdrive, Fuzz, Octave Fuzz, Tremolo, Vibrato, Compressor and the list goes on!

Current mkt prices for vintage Clyde Wah and Fuzz Face?

Postby steveokla on Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:17 am

I've been on the look for a silicone D/A Fuzz face and Clyde Wah. There are a few of each on ebay. The FF of interest to me is a silver 69/70 with a BC183 chip, bid currently at around $560 or some such. All original inside, but missing bottom plate and one wire has been taped. Don't care about those two issues particularly, but I'd like to know how much they would impact value before I bid. I'm not looking to steal one, but I don't want to way overpay, either. I've seen FF's minus those issues go at or $1K, so, question is, how much less with those flaws?

There are three Clyde ways on ebay as well. One is $899, the other $999, I think. Both have flaws-changed parts that are deal breakers for me. Another one came up recently that says it"s dead stock except for the rubber feet. Even has the original box. Bid is at around $400 plus right now. I don't know much about the market for these things-for one as nice as this one appears, what would one expect to pay? Is $1K too much? Is it worth more? Less by much? Would really appreciate opinions here as I'd like to bid on one, the other or both. Thanks much, Steveokla
steveokla
Baron

Re: Current mkt prices for vintage Clyde Wah and Fuzz Face?

Postby yladrd61 on Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:50 am

Good clean Clyde $1,000.00 to $3,000.00, good clean Fuzz Face $600 to $2,000.00. You are better off getting or building a good copy. Fuzz Face try Analog Man Sun Face, or Sonus 1968 Fuzz. Or Full tone '69 or '70. The Dunlop Blue Jimi BC108 sounds good too if you turn down the bias on Q2. Wah try Area 51 wah or kit, Or try to find a Bonnie Wah by Art FX, there are also some great copies to be had on ebay.
Last edited by yladrd61 on Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
yladrd61
Peasant

Re: Current mkt prices for vintage Clyde Wah and Fuzz Face?

Postby steveokla on Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:06 pm

Thanks very much for your reply. I missed out on a real nice Clyde on ebay a few days agod--dead stock, though missing the rubber feet. Had a BIN of $800 and a dallied--it was going the same morning it was listed. I'm hoping to find one at around $1K or less--same thing with the FF.
steveokla
Baron

Return to Effects and the Signal Chain