Baja Bone Bender fuzz

Some like 'em and some don't, but I bet everyone has at least a couple — Analog Delay, Digital Delay, Reverb, Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, Tube Overdrive, Transistor Overdrive, Fuzz, Octave Fuzz, Tremolo, Vibrato, Compressor and the list goes on!

Baja Bone Bender fuzz

Postby russellhammond on Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:34 pm

Hello all,

I'm thinking of buy a Baja Bone Bender as a sub until I can get an NOS Tone Bender MK1 and MK2 in the same box made. (duel channel for boost or other tone or whatever). Anyway I can't seem to find any info on the pedal, mainly to find out if the Transistors are Germanium. Does anyone out there know what the Transistors are? Or any other info I should know? I know this will be nothing like an old one or a new build with NOS but its gotta be better than my terrible Marshall Gov'nor. I've tried to get on with the gov'nor (did the C22 mod) but its really not my thing, i'm after the Jimmy Page meets Mick Ronson Tone.

Many thanks, Russell
russellhammond
Peasant

Re: Baja Bone Bender fuzz

Postby vez on Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:23 am

Yes the Baja Bender uses germanium transistors. But they wont say what part no.
Actually a good builder will pay more attention to sorting the transistors than Vox or Dallas did in the day. So a well built clone can easily sound as good as any of the old ones. I have never played a Baja. But, I know that DAM and Analogman do a good job.
vez
Squire

Return to Effects and the Signal Chain