Can someone tell me about this fuzz face?

Some like 'em and some don't, but I bet everyone has at least a couple — Analog Delay, Digital Delay, Reverb, Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, Tube Overdrive, Transistor Overdrive, Fuzz, Octave Fuzz, Tremolo, Vibrato, Compressor and the list goes on!

Can someone tell me about this fuzz face?

Postby steveokla on Thu May 16, 2013 7:02 pm

This one"recycled through ebay a few tines to no avail. There are pretty good photos of the innards, but little of use in the description. I was hoping you guys who know about the guts in these things could take a look and make an assessment: what's original, why isn't, which chip, how's the pricing, etc. Thank you, Steveokla

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321125340819?ss ... 1423.l2649
steveokla
Baron

Re: Can someone tell me about this fuzz face?

Postby Alnico on Fri May 17, 2013 11:07 am

Way, way overpriced. This one is circa 1972, one of the last made before the name changed to Dallas Music Industries. Both pots have been replaced and it has a cap tacked across the output jack. The feet and battery connector are also replacements. I'd pass.
Alnico
Knight

Postby steveokla on Fri May 17, 2013 1:11 pm

Thanks very much! That's just what I wanted to know. regards, Steve
steveokla
Baron

Postby jcs on Sat May 18, 2013 6:12 am

Be careful with vintage FF in general....do your homework but try to play the thing first or get a return policy.

The good ones can be really good though.
jcs
King

Postby steveokla on Sat May 18, 2013 3:03 pm

jcs wrote:Be careful with vintage FF in general....do your homework but try to play the thing first or get a return policy.

The good ones can be really good though.

From what I know of these, you're counsel is certainly sound. I actually have something more or less lined-up, but am checking out such others as appear on ebay, etc. I suppose I should put a classified WTB here on the board. Thanks much, Steve
steveokla
Baron

Return to Effects and the Signal Chain