What's a script logo, Bud box Dynacomp worth these days?

Some like 'em and some don't, but I bet everyone has at least a couple — Analog Delay, Digital Delay, Reverb, Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, Tube Overdrive, Transistor Overdrive, Fuzz, Octave Fuzz, Tremolo, Vibrato, Compressor and the list goes on!

What's a script logo, Bud box Dynacomp worth these days?

Postby steveokla on Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:22 am

Kind of in the market for a Dynacomp Compressor, script logo, Bud box. I see them on ebay from time-to-time, but the prices vary pretty radically. For instance, I've seen a few come and go at a few hundred, some nicer than others. There's a real sweet one that's been sitting there of several cycles, but the BIN is like $479 or something. Do they really bring that? Is that a realistic price for one these days, or is it high?

Also, I was hoping anyone using one of these might describe their experience with it--do you find it much more pleasing than all the new versions (for instance, I use a Keeley 4 knob)? I have heard they vintage compressors are noisy--true? Anyway, would appreciate any thoughts folks might share.
steveokla
Baron

Re: What's a script logo, Bud box Dynacomp worth these days?

Postby jcs on Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:19 am

No way I would pay that...no more than $200 - 300 range imo.

Look at vintage Ross compressors too, they are one of the most copied designs.

The truth is there are so many great compressors that are quiet these days (Diamond etc).

Gotta say I really like my MXR phase 100 from the late 70s....its really worn too but works perfectly.

70s MXR is quality stuff.
jcs
King

Re: What's a script logo, Bud box Dynacomp worth these days?

Postby 2 guest(s) on Fri May 03, 2013 6:55 pm

Steve, check your PM's.
mr.danny wrote:+1 We're all going the way of speaker cones anyway :cheers:
2 guest(s)
Squire

Return to Effects and the Signal Chain