Bottom plate and battery cover for TS9?

Some like 'em and some don't, but I bet everyone has at least a couple — Analog Delay, Digital Delay, Reverb, Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, Tube Overdrive, Transistor Overdrive, Fuzz, Octave Fuzz, Tremolo, Vibrato, Compressor and the list goes on!

Bottom plate and battery cover for TS9?

Postby steveokla on Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:16 pm

I recently picked up an original TS-808 and I'd like to affix it to my Pedaltrain. Naturally, I don't want stick Velcro to the bottom plate, so I thought I'd get a replacement bottom and battery cover and store the original. I've found the battery cover on line but can't seem to find a bottom plate. Didn't really get any help at the Ibanez site. Suggestions?
steveokla
Baron

Re: Bottom plate and battery cover for TS9?

Postby vez on Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:34 pm

steveokla wrote:I recently picked up an original TS-808 and I'd like to affix it to my Pedaltrain. Naturally, I don't want stick Velcro to the bottom plate, so I thought I'd get a replacement bottom and battery cover and store the original. I've found the battery cover on line but can't seem to find a bottom plate. Didn't really get any help at the Ibanez site. Suggestions?

I wonder if you could use a single plate like this?
http://www.smallbearelec.com/servlet/Detail?no=973
Perhaps if you send them an email they might be able to help you.
vez
Squire

Postby steveokla on Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:47 am

That would be perfect--I don't need battery access, and they tend to come off anyway. I'm going to check it out in detail. Yet another factor: I emailed Ibanez and told them what I had in mind, and asked if they had the parts. They do: bottom plate is $10, battery cover around $8, and $12 to ship them. I'm generally not one to skimp, but nearly thirty bucks for a piece of tin and a piece of plastic that like costs them like thirty cents puts me off. Thanks much for the link-ill let you know how it works out
steveokla
Baron

Postby vez on Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:51 am

Good, Im glad that helped.
It looks to be a bottom plate for a 125B enclosure which is a very common for pedals these days.
Seems you might need to make those holes on the plate slightly bigger for the screws your pedal uses which, is easy enough.
And you might as well measure and drill two new holes in that plate as your pedal has six screws else you might lose or misplace those two screws.
Good luck!
BTW congrats on the TS808 purchase. You been talking about getting one.
vez
Squire

Postby steveokla on Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:16 am

vez wrote:Good, Im glad that helped.
It looks to be a bottom plate for a 125B enclosure which is a very common for pedals these days.
Seems you might need to make those holes on the plate slightly bigger for the screws your pedal uses which, is easy enough.
And you might as well measure and drill two new holes in that plate as your pedal has six screws else you might lose or misplace those two screws.
Good luck!
BTW congrats on the TS808 purchase. You been talking about getting one.

Thanks, Brother. You're advice on the extra two screws is sound--I'd never trust myself not to misplace them.
Yeah, I kinda got the bug on the TS-808, though I can't exactly remember what set me off. I haven't really been much on vintage pedals overall, though I do have a '69 Vox v846 wah with the trash can inductor I really like a lot. I found a decent buy on it on ebay years ago, and, after not being a hundred per cent satisfied with the boutique new ones I'd tried, I took a chance. Been a great pedal. That, and my little '80 (as I recall) AD9. I don't really use delay that much--just wanted something that sounded nice and was simple to use. The old AD9 is about as simple as it gets. Doesn't have any fancy features or much by way of delay time, but it sounds real nice.

Anyway, I've got it in my head to get some more vintage pedals while prices are suppressed. I'm real happy with the TS-808. I've had a Keeley modded TS-9 for some time now, and I should say I think he does a terrific job. They're really close. The old 808 is noticeably smoother, though, and warmer. I can see why folks get after them. Thinking now about two pedals: Arbiter Fuzz Face and a Univox Univibe. We'll see, . . . .
Thanks for the help--really appreciated.
steveokla
Baron

Return to Effects and the Signal Chain