Echoplex bolts

Some like 'em and some don't, but I bet everyone has at least a couple — Analog Delay, Digital Delay, Reverb, Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, Tube Overdrive, Transistor Overdrive, Fuzz, Octave Fuzz, Tremolo, Vibrato, Compressor and the list goes on!

Echoplex bolts

Postby spangled99 on Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:10 am

Does anybody know where I can find a pair of the little screw-on bolts that hold the tape cartridge and the lid on an Echoplex EP2 or EP3 ?
spangled99
Baron

Re: Echoplex bolts

Postby spangled99 on Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:45 am

Aha! according to a post on the Telecaster forum, I can get them from here... Not exact, but part number 99607A116 - size 06-32, 3/8 thread length - apparently works and looks very similar. Slightly wider knurled portion, and criss-cross rather than plain vertical ridges on the originals.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#catalog/118/3091/=j9b6k0

http://www.tdpri.com/forum/archive/inde ... 66149.html

But the caveat is - I found the site and the product, then realised that I already had an account there and had in fact gone through this entire process last March and ordered two packs off them... which obviously never arrived. (UPDATE - they tell me they could only ship to established customers in the UK - and the original order was cancelled at the time. So US orders presumably ok)

also available on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001ON ... 00_s00_i00
spangled99
Baron

Postby 57lpjr on Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:03 pm

Perfect timing - thanks for posting this info!!! I was wondering about this subject last night since I scored one of Mike Battles TubePlex units last night that was missing its holdown screws. I have one but thought it would be wise to have another as a backup or for parts since they are no longer in production...
I have more gear than I need...but not as much gear as I want...

"Roll over Woodstock - we won!" & "Music is life, and life is not a business." (Iggy Pop 3/15/10)

"but lately one or two has fully paid their due for working for the clampdown...HAH, Gitalong, Gitalong"

"I believe, believe, believe, that there's better days ahead. I believe, believe, believe, that there's a heaven before I'm dead."

"I'll play for free but I gotta get paid for breaking my s**t down at the end of the night"
57lpjr
Ampmeister

Postby spangled99 on Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:06 pm

OK, the amazon ones arrived and fit perfectly - I'm sure they're the same part as the from the guys who wouldn't ship to the UK. You'd have to look very closely to spot the difference, the knurled bit is twice as tall and crosshatched rather than ridged, but that's it. I was only missing two, so used the replacements for the tape cassette, and the originals for the lid, so it looks stock.

The other good news is after years of having a saved search up there, an EP3 lid came up, which is a perfect match/fit - might has well have come with it from new. I also found one of the weird sloping knobs as one of mine was bust - so my old machine is a happy bunny.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dl ... CA:US:3160

57lpjr - be careful Mike Battle didn't use a different gauge - its possible - but its bound to be a standard part.
Last edited by spangled99 on Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spangled99
Baron

Postby spangled99 on Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:16 pm

Still needing a replacement red light cover...
spangled99
Baron

Ecco-Fonic

Postby scotzer on Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:56 pm

Hello,

I notice you have an Ecco-Fonic. Will you sell it?

Keep in touch,

Pedro
scotzer
Peasant

Postby spangled99 on Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:31 am

Regret answer no. Very hard to value them anyway - as they rarely work, apparently - strictly collector corner.
spangled99
Baron

Return to Effects and the Signal Chain