PT 4 Grande (Absolutely Ridiculous)

Some like 'em and some don't, but I bet everyone has at least a couple — Analog Delay, Digital Delay, Reverb, Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, Tube Overdrive, Transistor Overdrive, Fuzz, Octave Fuzz, Tremolo, Vibrato, Compressor and the list goes on!

PT 4 Grande (Absolutely Ridiculous)

Postby The Pup on Sun May 06, 2012 9:11 pm

I have worked aerospace research, test, development and evaluation programs for decades working out EMI noise issues. With this exercise in childhood regression, I had to spend about three hours making it noise free with no tone suck; which I could not have done sans bypass loops without the use of two strategically placed TM1 and Tru-Tone buffers.

Edit: I did in fact have to bypass the Boss RC-3.

All the power is isolated/regulated. For the digital hogs I used one of the new Voodoo Lab "digital" powers supplies.

There were no issues with the build except for the EV-5 was working backward when controlling the TWA Triskelion (easily fixed by reversing the fixed wires on the internal potentiometer).

The current pedal array is just for demonstration; I have not determined the final configuration (and does any of us really ever know such a thing?).

The side "wings" are by Pedal Pal.

The Pup
Prince

Re: PT 4 Grande (Absolutely Ridiculous)

Postby aaron. on Mon May 07, 2012 1:02 am

that is a monster of a setup. I notice cables plugged in to most (all?) the amps, do you run them all at the same time? :D
aaron.
Court Jester

Re: PT 4 Grande (Absolutely Ridiculous)

Postby The Pup on Mon May 14, 2012 4:17 am

aaron. wrote:...do you run them all at the same time?

You bet...easy to do, with thunderous results!

The Pup
Prince

Return to Effects and the Signal Chain