AnalogMan King of Tone

Some like 'em and some don't, but I bet everyone has at least a couple — Analog Delay, Digital Delay, Reverb, Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, Tube Overdrive, Transistor Overdrive, Fuzz, Octave Fuzz, Tremolo, Vibrato, Compressor and the list goes on!

AnalogMan King of Tone

Postby skategrindline on Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:38 am

Any other pedals that compete with this? looking for a slight overdrive with either a second channeled overdrive or just a second channel boost built in.
skategrindline
Peasant

Re: AnalogMan King of Tone

Postby exgenerator on Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:20 am

Sounds like a description of the Xotic AC+ pedal I just sold. Very transparant zero through light to medium drive with a seperate boost channel. Very cool for overly bright teles and strats, as it's not shrilly at all, and has nice subtle subtractive qualities to tame high end.

I would still have it, but wanted something a little grittier as I'm running a Les Paul Custom through a Hiwatt DR504. The Spaceman Aphelion has blown me away for this!
We make noise, it's our choice, it's what we wanna do
exgenerator
Certified

Postby skategrindline on Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:51 am

Anyone have any experience with a Paul C Tim overdrive? I'm using a Jaguar with a Humbucker sized P90 into a Marshall SupeLead.
skategrindline
Peasant

Postby exgenerator on Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:39 am

Yes, own and use my Timmy. It's great as a light to medium transparant overdrive, but really kills as a boost for me. My main drive is a Spaceman Aphelion(worth every cent!) and I use the Timmy for greasing up solos. Great combo. Timmy is one of those pedals you buy and can always find some way to use it .
We make noise, it's our choice, it's what we wanna do
exgenerator
Certified

Return to Effects and the Signal Chain