"Gretsch White Falcon" on eBay

This forum is for those who like to watch eBay auctions and those who want to alert the users of a specific auction.
Forum rules
Please do not use this forum as a spam to promote your own auction unless you have over 100 posts. We ask that comments about auctions be kept civil as well as respectful. If your a business and would like to use our forum to promote your ebay auctions, please contact us directly before promoting auctions on this forum.

"Gretsch White Falcon" on eBay

Postby Gooch on Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:42 pm

Anyone here familiar with old Gretsch guitars? What is this thing?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/371375404652

I don't know a lot about Gretsches but I started looking at them recently and came across this one. Why is the neck set so far into the body, with the pickups so close together? I couldn't find any other example like this. Every other one I've looked at has the neck much more clear of the body (except the single-cuts). Is it a fake?
Dying ain't much of a living.
Gooch
Baron

Re: "Gretsch White Falcon" on eBay

Postby power lover on Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:08 am

the inlay around the f hole seems pretty shody. either it's a fake or gretcsh did not have high standards. I'd guess the latter and it's real...if so, great price. however prices for that and vintage gear in general are quite low these days. everyone's tapped out.
power lover
Knight

Re: "Gretsch White Falcon" on eBay

Postby Rockin' Stevie on Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:48 pm

It's not a fake, I don't believe. Gretsch was still using that old nitrate plastic for bindings and pickguards, notorious for crumbling apart. This guitar has spent a lot of time on the bench--and there's a lot more, too.

I'm thinking that the guy who bought it needed a project.
Rockin' Stevie
Peasant

Return to eBay Watch