Brown Vibrasonic on UK ebay

This forum is for those who like to watch eBay auctions and those who want to alert the users of a specific auction.
Forum rules
Please do not use this forum as a spam to promote your own auction unless you have over 100 posts. We ask that comments about auctions be kept civil as well as respectful. If your a business and would like to use our forum to promote your ebay auctions, please contact us directly before promoting auctions on this forum.

Brown Vibrasonic on UK ebay

Postby rlivesey on Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:51 pm

Hi All,

I watched this one start and end last week with no takers. I emailed the seller and pointed out that the board did not look original too, but no reply. Now it's back on again. The seller says it a refurb, but the refurb goes so far that I'm now thinking it might actually be a clone. I'd like to hear others opinions if you have any.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fender-1960-brownface-Vibrasonic-/141077886482?pt=UK_MusicalInstr_Amplifiers_RL&hash=item20d8e5b612

Cheers,
Rob.
rlivesey
Page

Re: Brown Vibrasonic on UK ebay

Postby Unit_1 on Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:53 pm

i'm not a cork sniffer like some of the guys here, but that's brand new or it's been hermatically sealed for 53 years

the color on the wire is way to yellow - should have faded by now even if it's not covered with dust
The ability to play/make music is a gift that not everyone gets. Those of us who have it should use it.

Asimov:Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence, the concept around which it revolves, has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.
Unit_1
Prince

Location: Kali4ñia (a small planet orbiting the west coast of the United States)

Re: Brown Vibrasonic on UK ebay

Postby Strat59 on Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:52 pm

" A great piece of Fender history for the price of a re-issue " :shock:

It is a re-issue. Only the cab, bare metal chassis, speaker ? are original. The circuit board, trannies, tolex, footswitch, knobs ? and the front / rear brown panels ( seller has not shown shots showing - Fender Electrical Instrument Company) have been replaced.

Why would you pull the Blue Mallory caps !

Why replace the trannies when you can simply use a small stand alone Step Up Transformer as I do with all my vintage Fenders.

Very little of vintage value there.
"Blues players don't mess around with a guitar, they hit the bloody thing"........ Rory Gallagher
Strat59
Baron

Return to eBay Watch