Marshall 50 watt Combo

This forum is for those who like to watch eBay auctions and those who want to alert the users of a specific auction.
Forum rules
Please do not use this forum as a spam to promote your own auction unless you have over 100 posts. We ask that comments about auctions be kept civil as well as respectful. If your a business and would like to use our forum to promote your ebay auctions, please contact us directly before promoting auctions on this forum.

Marshall 50 watt Combo

Postby Mayhawk on Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:43 pm

Another of those things I have wanted for years, decades maybe. Too pricey when I was younger, etc.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=231021539933&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:3160

You know, it's hard to argue with....THIS IS THE BEST SOUNDING 50-WATT ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH! :o

Besides a good bath, any other things this amp needs? Or is hiding?

Wonder what this baby weighs.......... :yeah_right:
Mayhawk
User of the Murse

Re: Marshall 50 watt Combo

Postby Robfak on Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:21 pm

Priced like a plexi......
Q. Scusa, ma tu hai un fratello scemo? A. No, sono io!!
Robfak
Certified

Postby Gooch on Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:25 pm

Yeah, that's way too high. You still see these sometimes for around $1200, in clean original condition. That eBay one is not original. The chassis is a '74 and the cabinet is probably a '79 (if you can go by the speaker dating). The cabinet is definitely later than the chassis (elephant-hide, small check grill, etc.). The overall condition of the amp is not even that great. Definitely not a good deal at that price. They are great amps, but seem to be somewhat undervalued compared to amp heads. Also, they are expensive as hell to ship.
Dying ain't much of a living.
Gooch
Baron

Postby Mayhawk on Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:33 pm

Robfak wrote:Priced like a plexi......

Yeah, I thought it was a bit high myself, but I am no expert w/r to buying older Marshalls. Other than an old metalface, it's been reissues and clones for me.

The cabinet is definitely later than the chassis (elephant-hide, small check grill, etc.)

Thanks, I was thinking this didn't look like earlier versions I had seen. :thumbsup:

I wonder why this guy would have not invested a bit of time in cleaning the amp. I'd be embarrassed to list it without at least a cursory wipe.
Mayhawk
User of the Murse

Postby Strat59 on Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:46 pm

Mate bought a non master JMP 50 Lead & Bass with 2 x pre Rolas in it from a dealer in Manchester UK for 650 GBP
Great sounding amp ........ Paul Wellers Fav Marshall

That price is way too high.
"Blues players don't mess around with a guitar, they hit the bloody thing"........ Rory Gallagher
Strat59
Baron

Postby superstar on Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:09 pm

I think the white piping instead of gold would make it a 76. the cabinet anyway. the only did that for a short while. speakers probably added later, but they are both reconed and thats a good thing :lol:
superstar
Knight

Postby Electric Magic on Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:35 pm

Strat59 wrote:That price is way too high.

Yeah, but THIS IS THE BEST SOUNDING 50-WATT ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH! Wouldn't you pay top dollar for that?

:lol:
Electric Magic
Certified

Return to eBay Watch