67 Vibrolux Reverb

This forum is for those who like to watch eBay auctions and those who want to alert the users of a specific auction.
Forum rules
Please do not use this forum as a spam to promote your own auction unless you have over 100 posts. We ask that comments about auctions be kept civil as well as respectful. If your a business and would like to use our forum to promote your ebay auctions, please contact us directly before promoting auctions on this forum.

67 Vibrolux Reverb

Postby davestp1 on Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:14 pm

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... TQ:US:1123

Seller tells me the power trannie is original with untouched solder joints. However, he neglects to list the trannie number for it (he lists 3 of the 4) in the auction.

The numbers stamped on the bell end of the power transformer start with an F and there is a copper strip on one side which I thought meant 70's but I could very well be wrong. Is this original as he claims?
Dave S
davestp1
Certified

Re: 67 Vibrolux Reverb

Postby davestp1 on Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:28 am

Is anyone able to comment on whether the power transformer is original to this amp or not?
Dave S
davestp1
Certified

Postby Ned B on Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:06 pm

There's got to be a more reasonably priced example with no questions. I'll check my '67 VR here in Chicago that is for sale for 2700 for tranny codes to compare.
Ned B
Baron

Postby davestp1 on Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:59 pm

Not really interested in buying it, I keep an eye on them lately as I might be selling my 66 at some point in the near future.

Anyway, the description in the auction glossed over the PT, it has the year code scratched out partially and the seller listed the other 3 trannie codes but not the PT. The seller gave me a smarmy answer when I asked.

I have a similiar PT for sale here on the forum (L022723 EIA 606-642 CSA 827) is the id code on it. I was under the impression that having a letter prior to the code as well as the copper/gold strip on the side of the tranny meant 70's era.

Any idea?
Dave S
davestp1
Certified

Return to eBay Watch