69 plexi Superbass

This forum is for those who like to watch eBay auctions and those who want to alert the users of a specific auction.
Forum rules
Please do not use this forum as a spam to promote your own auction unless you have over 100 posts. We ask that comments about auctions be kept civil as well as respectful. If your a business and would like to use our forum to promote your ebay auctions, please contact us directly before promoting auctions on this forum.

69 plexi Superbass

Postby LD50 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:06 pm

All bleeding stops.......eventually.
LD50
Prince

Re: 69 plexi Superbass

Postby gigant0r on Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:03 pm

My dream amp right there :thumbsup:
gigant0r
Baron

Postby Robfak on Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:30 am

lots of early (very very early) and high bids, seems strange nowadays to my young eyes.....................
Q. Scusa, ma tu hai un fratello scemo? A. No, sono io!!
Robfak
Certified

Postby Strat59 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:36 am

Mostly testing the waters I'd think. It's valued much more than it's present bidding.

Player grade but looks ok........ BUT , I haven't seen any with Orange wiring to the controls ? Usually a mauve colored wire.

Opinions of value ????
"Blues players don't mess around with a guitar, they hit the bloody thing"........ Rory Gallagher
Strat59
Baron

Postby Robfak on Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:34 pm

Strat59 wrote:Mostly testing the waters I'd think. It's valued much more than it's present bidding.

Player grade but looks ok........ BUT , I haven't seen any with Orange wiring to the controls ? Usually a mauve colored wire.

Opinions of value ????

Between 2000 and 2500 euros :?: :?: :?:
Robfak
Certified

Postby LD50 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:45 pm

The owner is a forum member here I believe.

The orange wire is original. V7 socket is replaced and one of the screens bleeders obviously.

Nice clean late plexi 8)
LD50
Prince

Postby Robfak on Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:47 pm

If only I had the money to load my killer lastminbid app...... :cry:
Robfak
Certified

Postby drucker56 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:52 pm

Strat59 wrote:Mostly testing the waters I'd think. It's valued much more than it's present bidding.

Opinions of value ????

Its gots to be worth about a gazillion quids I reckon :D
I also heard the seller is very nice guy and a wicked guitar player :D

the orange wiring is definitely original , here is a pic of another which is also a 69 the serial on this one in the pic below is 10760
and the serial number on the ebay one is 10751 only 9 numbers apart ... both amps have the orange wiring
drucker56
Knight

Postby drucker56 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:05 pm

Robfak wrote:lots of early (very very early) and high bids, seems strange nowadays to my young eyes.....................

Its my amp that is for sale
I have a good reputation here as a straight shooter and have bought and sold many pieces of gear here and there are many here that will vouch for my honesty
there is nothing strange at all with the bidding I believe its simply because I set the minimum opening bid at 99p which I find encourages early bids and it never seems to hurt my auctions , you dont often see people selling plexis with opening bids off 99p so I would say that is why there are early bids

My opinion for what its worth .... the bidding is presently at £960 that is NOT high bidding not for a 1969 plexi superbass
£960 would be giving it away considering its got all original Iron and is 99% intact ,admittedley its a bit scruffy but its still very good compared to some of the wrecks full of bullet holes and mods and non original Iron that I see on ebay going for stupid money
drucker56
Knight

Postby drucker56 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:07 pm

LD50 wrote:The owner is a forum member here I believe.

The orange wire is original. V7 socket is replaced and one of the screens bleeders obviously.

Nice clean late plexi 8)

Go on neil ... you know you want it :D
drucker56
Knight

Postby Robfak on Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:13 pm

drucker56 wrote:
Robfak wrote:lots of early (very very early) and high bids, seems strange nowadays to my young eyes.....................

I have a good reputation here as a straight shooter and have bought and sold many pieces of gear here and there are many here that will vouch for my honesty
there is nothing strange at all with the bidding I believe its simply because I set the minimum opening bid at 99p which I find encourages early bids and it never seems to hurt my auctions , you dont often see people selling plexis with opening bids off 99p so I would say that is why there are early bids

My opinion for what its worth .... the bidding is presently at £960 that is NOT high bidding not for a 1969 plexi superbass
£960 would be giving it away considering its got all original Iron and is 99% intact ,admittedley its a bit scruffy but its still very good compared to some of the wrecks full of bullet holes and mods and non original Iron that I see on ebay going for stupid money

Hi Drucker, didn't mean to hurt you at all, I'm very sorry. I mean only that the amp reached good money in few days, that is definitely not a statement on the value of this amp......
What I've written comes from my bad experiences selling things these days (and I'm honest too), everyone (lots of people) I came across tried to undervalue everything using every excuses you can imagine, so this early "enthusiasm" bidding sounded strange, that's all.
In fact, I've written that if I was wealthy enough these days I bid for sure on this amp....

Post scriptum: I'm one of those did a NR auction 1 euro opening bid for a 1969 plexi super bass (not good as yours) but I earned only problems and loss of time with a bunch of crazy people....
Sorry again
Robfak
Certified

Postby appetite4distortion on Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:13 am

Great amp, wish you to get good money.
As said already, mostly average pieces around lately, asking crazy prices.
Proud to be loud
appetite4distortion
Certified

Postby Strat59 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:26 am

Added peace of mind being a fellow Forum Member :thumbsup:

Looks like a German high bidder at present ....... Common Chaps lets rally for a last minute onslaught ! :cheers:
"Blues players don't mess around with a guitar, they hit the bloody thing"........ Rory Gallagher
Strat59
Baron

Postby drucker56 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:31 am

Robfak wrote:
drucker56 wrote:

Hi Drucker, didn't mean to hurt you at all, I'm very sorry. I mean only that the amp reached good money in few days, that is definitely not a statement on the value of this amp......
What I've written comes from my bad experiences selling things these days (and I'm honest too), everyone (lots of people) I came across tried to undervalue everything using every excuses you can imagine, so this early "enthusiasm" bidding sounded strange, that's all.
In fact, I've written that if I was wealthy enough these days I bid for sure on this amp....

Post scriptum: I'm one of those did a NR auction 1 euro opening bid for a 1969 plexi super bass (not good as yours) but I earned only problems and loss of time with a bunch of crazy people....
Sorry again

Thats all ok no problem :D
I agree the no reserve aproach does open up the bidding to the odd fruitcake sometimes
I find there is one bidder who seems to bid on nearly all my marshall stuff and regardless of value he only EVER bids £5 :D which is quite funny really.
when I first started ebay that sort of low bidding used to bother me , I used to think along the lines of what sort of person really thinks they will win a plexi for £5 but I dont let it bother me anymore plus I like seeing the steady trickle of bids. I find the bidding always gathers impetus towards the end which is where it really matters
drucker56
Knight

Postby LD50 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:00 am

drucker56 wrote:
LD50 wrote:The owner is a forum member here I believe.

Nice clean late plexi 8)

Go on neil ... you know you want it :D

Two issues - the amp is worth more than my spare pocket money at the moment and my wife has an informer (youngest daughter/guitar player who knows what amps and cabs I have :roll: ).

Brownie points get earned when some things go out so itis a question of timing on the Ying and Yang :wink:
LD50
Prince

Next

Return to eBay Watch