park head opening bid $0.99 no reserve

This forum is for those who like to watch eBay auctions and those who want to alert the users of a specific auction.
Forum rules
Please do not use this forum as a spam to promote your own auction unless you have over 100 posts. We ask that comments about auctions be kept civil as well as respectful. If your a business and would like to use our forum to promote your ebay auctions, please contact us directly before promoting auctions on this forum.

park head opening bid $0.99 no reserve

Postby Unit_1 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:59 pm

The ability to play/make music is a gift that not everyone gets. Those of us who have it should use it.

Asimov:Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence, the concept around which it revolves, has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.
Unit_1
Prince

Location: Kali4ñia (a small planet orbiting the west coast of the United States)

Re: park head opening bid $0.99 no reserve

Postby Humbucking on Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:10 pm

That amp was owned by a guy in either England or France who got it from Music Ground back in the day. That is not the original orange tolex for the amp. It is also currently for sale at Jim's for $10,500.00 what a deal!!!
Humbucking
Knight

Postby LD50 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:38 pm

All bleeding stops.......eventually.
LD50
Prince

Postby Gooch on Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:07 pm

Nice "levant". :roll: :ick: :thehorror:
Dying ain't much of a living.
Gooch
Baron

Postby Unit_1 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:37 pm

well it went for $3,910.00... woof...
The ability to play/make music is a gift that not everyone gets. Those of us who have it should use it.

Asimov:Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence, the concept around which it revolves, has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.
Unit_1
Prince

Location: Kali4ñia (a small planet orbiting the west coast of the United States)

Postby Strat59 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:46 am

Good to see the " Lash Up " end of the market is holding up ! ...... all the better for us with clean original examples :thumbsup:
"Blues players don't mess around with a guitar, they hit the bloody thing"........ Rory Gallagher
Strat59
Baron

Postby Humbucking on Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:29 pm

well, that amp is no longer on Jim's website & the white head he was selling (sold on ebay about a week ago) is also labled as "sold" on his site. You really got to scratch your head & wonder why he had them up for over $10,000+ on his site, yet lets them go for nearly a 3rd of his asking. His prices have always been insane on amps. $4000+ for a selmer you can pick up just about any day of the week on EbayUK for under $1000 shipped here to the US. Plexi's with drilled holes, no detailed pictures, shadey history & only twice the price of what another clean example from another dealer would get. I am pretty sure that when that Orange (hywatt style tolexed) amp sold on ebay 5 or so years ago, it went for about the same price.

Now that I think about it, it always looks like Jim gets in people's collections to sell? Even though, it certainly reflects upon him if he has questionable gear & insane prices. If he does sell something dodgy, it is his name on the line.
Humbucking
Knight

Postby Unit_1 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:50 pm

Strat59 wrote:Good to see the " Lash Up " end of the market is holding up ! ...... all the better for us with clean original examples :thumbsup:

i don't have enough knowledge of these amps to tell a lash up from an original. sure glad you guys are around!!!

but i love building amps so much that i don't think i'll ever buy an original. i've got them coming out of my ears 'cus i keep making them in this down market and don't want to sell them until it picks up.

speaking of which, think i'll go do some work on the amp i'm building... lol...

Unit_1
Prince

Postby Ned B on Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:13 pm

Even at "discounted" pricing those last three auctions were a little hard to believe even with feedback given that made them seem like genuine deals, well at least the JTM45 and 100w up to now. Maybe just buyers with more money than knowlege.
Ned B
Baron

Postby Strat59 on Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:36 am

It's getting very hard to find trusted dealers with genuine stock these days. Safest place is through the Forum with members we know who can provide detailed pics and reasonable backgrounds on the amps.

In general Vintage Marshalls (Plexi / early Metal Face) in original decent condition are drying up very fast.

I have a couple of pristine untouched plexi's (JTM-45 & JMP 50) and it's proving a problem to the point I don't want to leave them with Techs for servicing fearing the worst. I wanted one simply checked over and scoped , said I would wait around while he did it. He wouldn't allow, said he didn't like people looking over his shoulder while working. I was happy to sit outside for an hour, hardly looking over his shoulder.
"Blues players don't mess around with a guitar, they hit the bloody thing"........ Rory Gallagher
Strat59
Baron

Return to eBay Watch