Can someone tell me how beat up this Laney is ?

This forum is for those who like to watch eBay auctions and those who want to alert the users of a specific auction.
Forum rules
Please do not use this forum as a spam to promote your own auction unless you have over 100 posts. We ask that comments about auctions be kept civil as well as respectful. If your a business and would like to use our forum to promote your ebay auctions, please contact us directly before promoting auctions on this forum.

Can someone tell me how beat up this Laney is ?

Postby T.G.3-55 on Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:38 pm

Tranny cover missing...is that a Partridge anyway ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VERY-RARE-1968- ... 43b8831ee0

got to be overpriced. additionally i hate the word "just serviced" these days..can of worms.

peoples peoples peoples..hear me now.
T.G.3-55
Squire

Re: Can someone tell me how beat up this Laney is ?

Postby Gooch on Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:58 pm

T.G.3-55 wrote:Tranny cover missing...is that a Partridge anyway ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VERY-RARE-1968- ... 43b8831ee0

got to be overpriced. additionally i hate the word "just serviced" these days..can of worms.

peoples peoples peoples..hear me now.

Pretty straight amp. Power transformer is fine. That's what the early ones looked like. Amp is probably one of the earlier steel chassis units. You usually see those transformers in an aluminum-chassis amp. I don't know if it's a Partridge, but it is correct. Price is a bit high in today's market, but someone that's really jonesing for one may pay it. These amps will only go up in value.
Dying ain't much of a living.
Gooch
Baron

Re: Can someone tell me how beat up this Laney is ?

Postby Alnico on Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:47 pm

^ Yep, overpriced, but it looks straight. Must be one of the first with a steel chassis & plastic logo. The serial number would probably have been on a Dymo tape, so I guess it fell off. I recall that the transformers in these were Douglas, but don't quote me...
Alnico
Knight

Return to eBay Watch