wtf who sells empty speaker BOXES?

This forum is for those who like to watch eBay auctions and those who want to alert the users of a specific auction.
Forum rules
Please do not use this forum as a spam to promote your own auction unless you have over 100 posts. We ask that comments about auctions be kept civil as well as respectful. If your a business and would like to use our forum to promote your ebay auctions, please contact us directly before promoting auctions on this forum.

wtf who sells empty speaker BOXES?

Postby Unit_1 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:57 am

really? really? someone thinks there's value in an empty box???

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Celestion-Alnico-Gold-10-8-Ohm-Speaker-Box-Box-only-No-Speaker-/230900804870?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35c2c2ad06

i'm speechless, and many of you know that's very rare......
The ability to play/make music is a gift that not everyone gets. Those of us who have it should use it.

Asimov:Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence, the concept around which it revolves, has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.
Unit_1
Prince

Location: Kali4ñia (a small planet orbiting the west coast of the United States)

Re: wtf who sells empty speaker BOXES?

Postby Stinkfoot on Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:07 am

Look at the sellers address....Wisconsin....cheese country.
Stinkfoot
Squire

Postby Strat59 on Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:52 am

Maybe if it was an Original Carton for a Celestion G12M T1221 from mid to late '60s or for a Celestion Vox Blue from back then. But a new carton for a current production speaker ! Pull the other one :laff:
"Blues players don't mess around with a guitar, they hit the bloody thing"........ Rory Gallagher
Strat59
Baron

Postby kblues on Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:09 pm

Just my luck...they're 8 ohm boxes and I've been looking for a 16 ohm empty box... :|
kblues
Certified

Postby LD50 on Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:50 pm

kblues wrote:Just my luck...they're 8 ohm boxes and I've been looking for a 16 ohm empty box... :|

:laff:
All bleeding stops.......eventually.
LD50
Prince

Postby Unit_1 on Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:53 am

kblues wrote:Just my luck...they're 8 ohm boxes and I've been looking for a 16 ohm empty box... :|

:laff:
The ability to play/make music is a gift that not everyone gets. Those of us who have it should use it.

Asimov:Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence, the concept around which it revolves, has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.
Unit_1
Prince

Location: Kali4ñia (a small planet orbiting the west coast of the United States)

Postby Blues on Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:45 am

I heard the 8 ohm boxes have a tone. :mrgreen: :jam:
Blues #2803

I ran, I hid...but the music found me again.
Blues
Squire

Postby 57lpjr on Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:13 pm

The better question is; who buys them?
I have more gear than I need...but not as much gear as I want...

"Roll over Woodstock - we won!" & "Music is life, and life is not a business." (Iggy Pop 3/15/10)

"but lately one or two has fully paid their due for working for the clampdown...HAH, Gitalong, Gitalong"

"I believe, believe, believe, that there's better days ahead. I believe, believe, believe, that there's a heaven before I'm dead."

"I'll play for free but I gotta get paid for breaking my s**t down at the end of the night"
57lpjr
Ampmeister

Postby brets9 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:43 am

Actually, I think that they are pretty handy to have around. But at $14.50 I'll pass..
brets9
Squire

Postby Mr. Foxen on Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:30 am

People buy odd things on ebay. I've slung boxes of resistors and caps I've pulled from amps on and they've had multiple bids.
New music: https://warriorpope.bandcamp.com/album/anchorite
Gear tinkering blog: http://ampstack.wordpress.com/
Made a Facebook page for my ampguts stuff. Feel free to come post amp guts and rig shots: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ampstack/351966881575839
Mr. Foxen
Squire

Postby Mayhawk on Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:12 pm

Speaker boxes are great for shipping speakers....don't laugh, if you sell on ebay or CL, you need to be able to deliver. Getting boxes on Uline, etc can be pricey and you usually have to buy a whole pallet of them. But $14 is asking a bit much. :P

Speaking of boxes, I'd love something for an old 1960TV cab. It's from the early 90's, and I never use it anymore. How in the heck do you ship those things? :shock:
Mayhawk
User of the Murse

Postby 57lpjr on Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:34 pm

Mayhawk wrote:Speaking of boxes, I'd love something for an old 1960TV cab. It's from the early 90's, and I never use it anymore. How in the heck do you ship those things? :shock:

Go to your local music store and ask them to save an empty standard 4x12" from their next shipment. Leave the flaps up and make a new top for it.
I have more gear than I need...but not as much gear as I want...

"Roll over Woodstock - we won!" & "Music is life, and life is not a business." (Iggy Pop 3/15/10)

"but lately one or two has fully paid their due for working for the clampdown...HAH, Gitalong, Gitalong"

"I believe, believe, believe, that there's better days ahead. I believe, believe, believe, that there's a heaven before I'm dead."

"I'll play for free but I gotta get paid for breaking my s**t down at the end of the night"
57lpjr
Ampmeister

Postby Mayhawk on Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:32 am

57lpjr wrote:
Mayhawk wrote:Speaking of boxes, I'd love something for an old 1960TV cab. It's from the early 90's, and I never use it anymore. How in the heck do you ship those things? :shock:

Go to your local music store and ask them to save an empty standard 4x12" from their next shipment. Leave the flaps up and make a new top for it.

Thanks.....now why did I not think of that? :mrgreen:

Considering how much business, mostly the kids' instruments, I have given the local shop, they should be more than willing to save me a box or two. :idea:
Mayhawk
User of the Murse

Postby Bleuz me on Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:58 pm

I've heard some places... when you buy a speaker... they give you a box !
Bleuz me
Baron

Return to eBay Watch