Jethro Tull live 1970 video

The greatest names in guitar, the sounds that we all want and have chased for years. This is the central location for decoding the elusive signature sounds.

Jethro Tull live 1970 video

Postby sunndemon on Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:25 pm

http://www.wolfgangsvault.com/jethro-tu ... 66284.html

These guys were so great in this time period; gave up on them after 'Passion Play'. I remember seeing them on TV(live)in 1969 doing "Bouree" complete with Glenn Cornick's bass solo(just as I was learning to play, so that was a big deal). Watched it with my dad, who, in spite of himself being a violinist, and them performing a 'classical' piece, had a severe 'WTF' moment. About 15 years ago I finally met Glenn while he was playing in an Irish rock band in L.A. with the Nazz's Thom Mooney on drums(anyone remember their mid-70's band with Bob Welsh, 'Paris'?) Funny friendly guy, very approachable, of course I asked him for pointers on that solo. But what's the deal with those pants in the video? Ah, hippie fashion...
sunndemon
Page

Re: Jethro Tull live 1970 video

Postby vez on Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:06 pm

Awesome!
Im a big Tull fan. Like you, I liked only thier early stuff. The rest of their stuff was too whimsical-hobbit-ified for me. I still see Jethro Tull when they are in town and they are still great.
Thanks for turning me on to Wolfgangs Vault. I never seen it.
vez
Squire

Return to Signature Tones