Great tone one hit wonders..sorta

The greatest names in guitar, the sounds that we all want and have chased for years. This is the central location for decoding the elusive signature sounds.

Re: Great tone one hit wonders..sorta

Postby musicfunkydude on Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:10 pm

Right ,last one today before i bore you all to death, Les Dudek's classic City Magic, the funkiest stratesque sounding intro known to man followed by a sweet southern egded twin harmony guitar riff from that era that you'll be humimg all day long, if this record doesnt make you feel like a teenager again you must be dead from the waist down, All the best George from Scotland uk.
musicfunkydude
Peasant

Postby dotfret on Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:59 pm

Not quite a one hit wonder, because it wasn't a hit - but I saw Alan Darby of Cado Belle do this live once, black LP std into a 100W Marshall MV - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gP_m-EQBu8
dotfret
Peasant

Postby Axe Grinder on Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:26 am

Back in the day.... 1982... where I lived, I was lucky to hear
'Dance the Night Away' by VH.... It was all Crap Pop.
Aldo Nova's first song sounded good...the Guitar was way in the back.. the mix.
First I heard it was an Old Marshall... then I heard it was a SS Gibson, the ones they made in the mid 70's.
Anyway ... I was was way deprived back then.
I always like Vito Bratta's sound on that first Disc... I wish I could get rid of the vocalist
and his lyrics.
Axe Grinder
Knight

Postby Funky54 on Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:42 pm

Axe Grinder wrote:Back in the day.... 1982... where I lived, I was lucky to hear
'Dance the Night Away' by VH.... It was all Crap Pop.
Aldo Nova's first song sounded good...the Guitar was way in the back.. the mix.
First I heard it was an Old Marshall... then I heard it was a SS Gibson, the ones they made in the mid 70's.
Anyway ... I was was way deprived back then.
I always like Vito Bratta's sound on that first Disc... I wish I could get rid of the vocalist
and his lyrics.

Ah man, I loved "Dance the Night Away" it showed a melody side of VH. It was a good song with mass appeal. Lots of Eddies stuff sounded like somebody cramming 100 lbs of potatos into a 50 pound sack. I was happy to see them serve the song instead of the ego. Anyway good stuff.
Funky54
Certified

Previous

Return to Signature Tones