Peter Green

The greatest names in guitar, the sounds that we all want and have chased for years. This is the central location for decoding the elusive signature sounds.

Re: Peter Green

Postby Sterling # Sound on Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:52 pm

bscepter wrote:i must say that not only is PG an amazing guitarist - he's also a helluva singer and songwriter, too. doesn't get enough credit for those skills, either.

+1

PG is the best!
Sterling # Sound
Knight

Postby Sterling # Sound on Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:21 pm

Sterling # Sound wrote:
bscepter wrote:i must say that not only is PG an amazing guitarist - he's also a helluva singer and songwriter, too. doesn't get enough credit for those skills, either.

+1

PG is the best!

Even after the last 4 days he is still the best!
Sterling # Sound
Knight

Postby zerocharisma on Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:28 pm

One of my favorite blues guitarists ever! And yes, a terrific singer and songwriter to boot...
zerocharisma
Certified

Postby Strat59 on Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:49 am

Fleetwood Mac were huge back in the day. I loved the story of when they first went
to Chess Studio to record ( 1st trip to the US) , they were taking their gear out of the
car , when a older guy came over and started helping carry the gear inside. Turned out
to be Muddy Waters :D

Peter is a brilliant guitarist , singer , songwriter. Unfortunately he became fed up
with the whole music business and became a recluse. He was given shock treatment
and heavy duty drugs as sedatives which never should have happened . Danny likewise
got caught up in the drugs of the day. A true sad loss of a great talent in Danny.

Thankfully Peter is back performing and in as good a health as possible. His style of
playing is a joy to watch. Fluid , emotive , and with soul.

I had the honor to meet him at the rear of the Corner Hotel after a sound check.
Me and 3 others waited , he talked with us for 10 min , signed autographs and
took pics. Played a great show that night. I treasure book I got him to sign , the
cover has what I think is one of the great pics of him with his Burst , and a Tweed
Fender at back.
Attachments
peter green.jpg
"Blues players don't mess around with a guitar, they hit the bloody thing"........ Rory Gallagher
Strat59
Baron

Previous

Return to Signature Tones