Angus best tone

The greatest names in guitar, the sounds that we all want and have chased for years. This is the central location for decoding the elusive signature sounds.

Postby Fritz_ on Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:24 pm

two of the rockiest dudes for sure!!! There is just something about the Young brothers that seperate them from everyone else!

That photo is simply off the Wizard website :D

Sorry guys but I just NNNEEEEEEEDD to brag about this... the other night I did a gig at the gaelic theatre in Sydney (pretty big room, big crowd) and managed to have my Wizard 100w head on 10 going through two Bogner cabinets!! Awesome!!!!!!!!! :lol: Considering any other gig I can never get her over 2

Other guitarist used a '76 100w plexi on 10 through two marshall quads and I apparently drowned him out completely ooooppss
Fritz_
Page

Postby gigant0r on Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:09 pm

Powerage for me too.. amazing tone and great album.
I'm always wondering, how is he capable of runing on stage and playing like that? I just don't get it :shock:
gigant0r
Baron

Postby roef on Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:30 pm

Fritz_ wrote:two of the rockiest dudes for sure!!! There is just something about the Young brothers that seperate them from everyone else!

That photo is simply off the Wizard website :D

Sorry guys but I just NNNEEEEEEEDD to brag about this... the other night I did a gig at the gaelic theatre in Sydney (pretty big room, big crowd) and managed to have my Wizard 100w head on 10 going through two Bogner cabinets!! Awesome!!!!!!!!! :lol: Considering any other gig I can never get her over 2

Other guitarist used a '76 100w plexi on 10 through two marshall quads and I apparently drowned him out completely ooooppss

chris great to have you here!
http://www.myspace.com/20bonesband http://www.myspace.com/prostitutes
Tokai LS320 & SG155 Gretsch 6131MY Warmoth Esq Gibson ES335 Squire Strat Ceriatone Express Metro JTM45 Clark Piedmont (6G6B) & Rockford Rev. Li'l Dawg Champster Alessandro Rottweiler Bogner OS2x12 (blue&G12H) Mojo 2x12 (blue&silverbell), 2x10" (10A150&California), 4x12 (Scumbag H75s), 1x12 (M75) & 2x10 (SA10M75)
roef
Squire

Postby Bigfatskinny on Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:20 pm

Bad Boy Boogie...................nuff said.

:shock: :shock: :shock:
Bigfatskinny
Page

Postby MHProd on Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:33 am

Roy33 wrote:
Jypé wrote:
Roy33 wrote:
Fritz_ wrote:Image

great Wizard shot,the two most rockinest dudes ever born,IMO.

Ok ok, they definitively left Marshall to Wizard amps (witch I guess are only clones of EARLY Marshalls... Just look at it !!!).
Where and when did you get those shots ??????
Very, Very interesting...

It's not that complicated,their amp tech Rick St.Pierre is the founder of Wizard Amps.They are inspired by but are NOT clones of Marshalls and Hiwatts.They will never be popular as they are one of the most expensive amps you could ever buy.AC/DC never stopped using Marshalls,they use Marshalls AND Wizards,it's no secret.

These pics are from the Warehouse studio in Van a couple of months ago.

Since '95, StPierre started 'rebuilding' AC/DCs amps... On the new album, Mal blew the tranny of his 100 watts at one point. Rick replaced it with one of his own...
Also. Rick doesn't need to advertise to sell his amps !

Most expensive amps you could ever buy ?? They are around $4K... Not cheap but worth every penny !! 'Real' boutique amps are that expensive if not more...
'64 Coffin Logo/Sandwich Front JTM45
'65 Block Logo JTM45
'66 JTM45
'67 Super Lead 'Black Flag'
'68 1959 Red
'68 1959T
'69 1986
'87 2550
'96 2555SL
MHProd
Certified

Postby Fritz_ on Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:42 pm

Wizards are amazing amplifiers. So well built...

When I first got my 100w modern classic i couldnt stop looking inside the amp (I had to take it apart to convert it to 240v australian) I seriously stared at it for hours looking at how well built it was.

Sorry to go off topic but while on the subject of wizards... this dudes band supported ACDC during the aussie stiff upper lip tour, after meeting Rick and the ACDC brothers he quit using 70's marshalls and converted to Wizard. Seriously mega under rated player outside of Australia..

Fritz_
Page

Postby Roy33 on Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:56 pm

MHProd wrote:
Roy33 wrote:
Jypé wrote:
Roy33 wrote:

Ok ok, they definitively left Marshall to Wizard amps (witch I guess are only clones of EARLY Marshalls... Just look at it !!!).

It's not that complicated,their amp tech Rick St.Pierre is the founder of Wizard Amps.They are inspired by but are NOT clones of Marshalls and Hiwatts.They will never be popular as they are one of the most expensive amps you could ever buy.AC/DC never stopped using Marshalls,they use Marshalls AND Wizards,it's no secret.

Since '95, StPierre started 'rebuilding' AC/DCs amps... On the new album, Mal blew the tranny of his 100 watts at one point. Rick replaced it with one of his own...

Most expensive amps you could ever buy ?? They are around $4K... Not cheap but worth every penny !! 'Real' boutique amps are that expensive if not more...

I'm not sure where you're going with this,I said they are ONE of the most expensive amps,and I agree they're probably worth every penny.I was being a little sarcastic with my post because a coulple months back there was a thread that made fun of Wizard amps and said that their users list was a fabricated lie.I had no choice but to drop the gloves and stick up for Rick and his amps,and it got pretty heated.Anyway I've played bass through a St.Pierre modded SVT and guitar through a modded jcm800 and both sounded awesome.If money would allow.I'd buy a Wizard Bass 300 head and a couple guitar heads and his incredible cabs,I love his amps.
Roy33
Knight

Postby MHProd on Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:04 pm

Roy33 wrote:
MHProd wrote:
Roy33 wrote:
Jypé wrote:
Roy33 wrote:

I'm not sure where you're going with this,I said they are ONE of the most expensive amps,and I agree they're probably worth every penny.I was being a little sarcastic with my post because a coulple months back there was a thread that made fun of Wizard amps and said that their users list was a fabricated lie.I had no choice but to drop the gloves and stick up for Rick and his amps,and it got pretty heated.Anyway I've played bass through a St.Pierre modded SVT and guitar through a modded jcm800 and both sounded awesome.If money would allow.I'd buy a Wizard Bass 300 head and a couple guitar heads and his incredible cabs,I love his amps.

I thought you implied his amps were overpriced... and they are not...

Hmmm, didn't see that post about the user list being a fabricated lie... Would have been fun to get me in there ! :twisted:

Rick worked with so many legends in the Classic Rock scene that I can't think of anybody that did half as much.
'64 Coffin Logo/Sandwich Front JTM45
'65 Block Logo JTM45
'66 JTM45
'67 Super Lead 'Black Flag'
'68 1959 Red
'68 1959T
'69 1986
'87 2550
'96 2555SL
MHProd
Certified

Postby Roy33 on Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:14 pm

MHProd wrote:
Roy33 wrote:
MHProd wrote:
Roy33 wrote:
Jypé wrote:
Roy33 wrote:

I thought you implied his amps were overpriced... and they are not...

Hmmm, didn't see that post about the user list being a fabricated lie... Would have been fun to get me in there ! :twisted:

Rick worked with so many legends in the Classic Rock scene that I can't think of anybody that did half as much.
That thread got nuked because it got nasty,dude WHERE WERE YOU when I needed you,man I wish you coulda helped me out.
Roy33
Knight

Postby chupy on Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:23 pm

You guys like that quote button don't ya? :P :lol:
chupy

Postby Roy33 on Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:23 pm

point taken Chupy.
Roy33
Knight

Postby 50watter on Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:55 pm

But i still think that they sounded better with COTS Marshall MV, which is kinda surprising to me... :D
Sonic Reducer
50watter
Squire

Postby wheelman on Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:51 am

Powerage for me! I love it maybe even the best album ever made IMO. If I want to hear something I want it to rock make me feel good, and that album does it.
wheelman
Squire

Postby Fritz_ on Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:17 am

I really cannot decide my favourite angus (and mal) tone at the moment... ohhh actually listen or youtube shot of love of the razors edge. thats pretty hot tone!
Fritz_
Page

Re:

Postby Selmer Fudd on Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:05 am

vintageRob wrote:In answer the question I love Angus's lead tone on Let there be Rock..

Mine as well.
Selmer Fudd
Peasant

PreviousNext

Return to Signature Tones