Randys Zeus pedal

The greatest names in guitar, the sounds that we all want and have chased for years. This is the central location for decoding the elusive signature sounds.

Re: Randys Zeus pedal

Postby unclebobo on Tue May 19, 2009 11:17 pm

So .. I supposed it's safe to say that the Zeus product did not in any meaningful way contribute to Randy's "signature tone"
How many is too many?
unclebobo
Baron

Postby Britishampfan on Wed May 20, 2009 3:27 am

unclebobo wrote:So .. I supposed it's safe to say that the Zeus product did not in any meaningful way contribute to Randy's "signature tone"

You never know but it would be a cool practice amp, I never seen the zeus in any of the old clips.
Britishampfan
Connoisseur of Crunch

Postby jimmycupo on Sat May 23, 2009 12:18 am

it's all in the hands! but great gear does help too!
IT'S ONLY ROCK & ROLL
jimmycupo
Peasant

Postby Nobro on Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:02 am

I found one of these Model 8401 Mini-Amps at a garage sale years ago. It was like new, in the box, with the paperwork. I've rarely used it. It works perfectly but I simply don't play music using the approach that these seem to have been created for, that processed electric sound. For the last 30+ years I've largely explored music from an acoustic point of view and therefore, have found no means to take advantage of this little amp's creative potential.

One day, again, a few years back, I noticed that a local music store had a couple of these Mini-Amps for sale. They were in used but functional condition. I was shocked by their asking price, several hundred dollars each. It made me feel great to know that I had stumbled across a real bargain, having paid far less for mine at the garage sale.
Nobro
Peasant

Previous

Return to Signature Tones