Jamies cryin "clip" with 5150 combo and Marsha

The greatest names in guitar, the sounds that we all want and have chased for years. This is the central location for decoding the elusive signature sounds.

Re: Jamies cryin "clip" with 5150 combo and Marsha

Postby Frankie on Wed Dec 10, 2003 4:59 am

VHoholic,

That Unchained clip is extremely close to the original. May I ask what your amp settings were and which channel you were playing on?

Thanks,
Frank
Frankie
Page

Postby P.A.F tone on Wed Dec 10, 2003 1:38 pm

[quote]Originally posted by VHoholic:
[b] [quote]Originally posted by WARREN LEE LYNCH:
[b]VHoholoic,you are making a 5150 sound better than when ED uses them! :(
P.A.F tone
Page

Postby P.A.F tone on Wed Dec 10, 2003 1:39 pm

Originally posted by VHoholic:
Originally posted by WARREN LEE LYNCH:
[b]
[b]
[b]i think that one of the worst tones VH ever got was when he used a SLO :D
Wow that's funny, it turns out that that has always been my least favorite amp sound out of all his albums. To me it just sounds way too buzzy and flubby on the bottom end compared to his older stuff. I bet if he had turned the gain way down and just cranked the power section more it would have been a much better sound.[/b]
yeah i agree,that turned me totally off to soldanos! if he didnt get a good tone with one i figured i would never get a good tone with one,plus i tried one at guitar center and it was horrid :roll:
P.A.F tone
Page

Postby bmf5150 on Wed Dec 10, 2003 1:53 pm

damn,let me get this straight,you like the 5150 but tried the SLO at a guitar center and thought it sounded horrid??
"look at all the people here tonight!"DLR
bmf5150
Knight

Postby P.A.F tone on Wed Dec 10, 2003 2:20 pm

Originally posted by bmf5150:
damn,let me get this straight,you like the 5150 but tried the SLO at a guitar center and thought it sounded horrid??
the 5150 i own slayed that soldano(used SLO) i tried which is why i bought the 5150 that day instead :cool:
P.A.F tone
Page

Postby VHoholic on Wed Dec 10, 2003 2:46 pm

yeah he probably would seeing that he is a jerk off as a person :(
Well i'm not sure i would go that far. I think when Ed says he needs to please himself first he means he needs to make music, that in his own heart,mind.etc...is what he truely loves, and then after that presents it to the public. I personally think alot of people mis-read what he is trying to say with that stuff. Alot of people lately call him selfish but when you truely think about it, the guy spends years creating all kinds of music for people for their own entertainment and when he decides to take a personal break because of things like Cancer, Divorce, spending time with his only son that he never really got close with because of always being away, all of a sudden he is labeled a selfish guy. It's kinda like someone giving a kid an icecream cone and then giving him a few more and then when the person decides to stop giving the "treat" to the kid for a while, the spoiled brat starts to complain as though he deserves it or something. Remember, the person giving the icecream to the kid or the talent of music to the public is doing so out of the goodness of his own heart and also their own love of doing it. So in the end, who's the selfish ones ? If someone gets a treat for too long, they start to believe it sould be given to them all the time and if not they throw a tantrum and call the giver selfish....rediculous!
VHoholic
Knight

Postby P.A.F tone on Wed Dec 10, 2003 2:53 pm

[b]yeah he probably would seeing that he is a jerk off as a person :(
Well i'm not sure i would go that far. I think when Ed says he needs to please himself first he means he needs to make music, that in his own heart,mind.etc...is what he truely loves, and then after that presents it to the public. I personally think alot of people mis-read what he is trying to say with that stuff. Alot of people lately call him selfish but when you truely think about it, the guy spends years creating all kinds of music for people for their own entertainment and when he decides to take a personal break because of things like Cancer, Divorce, spending time with his only son that he never really got close with because of always being away, all of a sudden he is labeled a selfish guy. It's kinda like someone giving a kid an icecream cone and then giving him a few more and then when the person decides to stop giving the "treat" to the kid for a while, the spoiled brat starts to complain as though he deserves it or something. Remember, the person giving the icecream to the kid or the talent of music to the public is doing so out of the goodness of his own heart and also their own love of doing it. So in the end, who's the selfish ones ? If someone gets a treat for too long, they start to believe it sould be given to them all the time and if not they throw a tantrum and call the giver selfish....rediculous![/b]
hey i hear what you are saying,but even waaayyyy before the divorce,cancer and singer probs the guy always came off ****y,i have heard numerous live interviews with him and he just has that "yeah thats right,i am the best on guitar" attitude goin on :roll:
another guy is YNGWIE he is another great guitarist but damn! EGO aint the word for it,i met this guy at the troc in philly,and **** his head barly fit though the door :roll:
P.A.F tone
Page

Postby VHoholic on Wed Dec 10, 2003 3:09 pm

hey i hear what you are saying,but even waaayyyy before the divorce,cancer and singer probs the guy always came off ****y,i have heard numerous live interviews with him and he just has that "yeah thats right,i am the best on guitar" attitude goin on :roll:
another guy is YNGWIE he is another great guitarist but damn! EGO aint the word for it,i met this guy at the troc in philly,and **** his head barly fit though the door :roll:
I always thought of Yngwie as the overly conceited one and Ed the more smiley humble guy throughout the years. I don't know, i must of missed something :confused: I even remember on the video "Live without a net" when someone throws that banner up on stage and it has that picture of Ed with a Kings hat on he looks at it real quick and has that,"come on, i'm not that. Kinda embarressed humble look on his face about the whole thing.
VHoholic
Knight

Postby P.A.F tone on Wed Dec 10, 2003 3:11 pm

[b] [quote]Originally posted by WARREN LEE LYNCH:
[b]hey i hear what you are saying,but even waaayyyy before the divorce,cancer and singer probs the guy always came off ****y,i have heard numerous live interviews with him and he just has that "yeah thats right,i am the best on guitar" attitude goin on :D LOL!!!! ED is far from that ;)
P.A.F tone
Page

Postby VHoholic on Wed Dec 10, 2003 3:16 pm

Well, in the end, my motto has always been not to judge a person unless you've walked a mile (or a life)in there shoes. ;)
VHoholic
Knight

Postby P.A.F tone on Wed Dec 10, 2003 3:35 pm

[b]Well, in the end, my motto has always been not to judge a person unless you've walked a mile (or a life)in there shoes. :D
if i had already accomplished what he has on the axe i would be "MR i am so nice and humble that it is sickining" :D LOL!!!
hey i have no prob cause i like the guys playing a lot anyways :cool:
P.A.F tone
Page

Postby VHoholic on Wed Dec 10, 2003 3:43 pm

[b]Well, in the end, my motto has always been not to judge a person unless you've walked a mile (or a life)in there shoes. :D
if i had already accomplished what he has on the axe i would be "MR i am so nice and humble that it is sickining" :D LOL!!!
hey i have no prob cause i like the guys playing a lot anyways :cool:
I'm trying to remember some of the things he may have said over the years that would put him in the "jerk off as a person" category...any quotes to refresh my mind? with dates and magazine references also so i can read them myself. Just curious.
VHoholic
Knight

Postby 1967 marshall slp on Wed Dec 10, 2003 4:08 pm

Yo warren! what the F**K does his attitude have to do with this thread?
vhoholic, dude you got that VH thing down cuz!
i like what you have done on those clips,sound like the man himself :D
I always wanted to be a axe murderer but decided to play guitar instead?
1967 marshall slp
Peasant

Postby P.A.F tone on Wed Dec 10, 2003 4:16 pm

Originally posted by R.I.P.P.E.R:
Yo warren! what the F**K does his attitude have to do with this thread?
:D
:p
P.A.F tone
Page

Postby 1967 marshall slp on Wed Dec 10, 2003 4:20 pm

Originally posted by R.I.P.P.E.R:
[b]Yo warren! what the F**K does his attitude have to do with this thread?
:D
:p [/b]
yeah but it was a listen to how a got my 5150 combo to sound thread more than it was about EVH himself :p
you dont like him as a person,keep it to your self,i wanna hear how Vhoholic gets thats tone :p
I always wanted to be a axe murderer but decided to play guitar instead?
1967 marshall slp
Peasant

PreviousNext

Return to Signature Tones