Zal Cleminson / sahb

The greatest names in guitar, the sounds that we all want and have chased for years. This is the central location for decoding the elusive signature sounds.

Zal Cleminson / sahb

Postby mellow_johnson on Wed Dec 18, 2002 3:43 pm

I'm just listening to some Alex Harvey, reminding myself how seriously wicked Zal Cleminson could be - anyon ehave any idea what his setup was? I know he was a big SG man, but amp-wise i've no idea......
Like 2 flamingoes in a fruit fight
mellow_johnson
Squire

Re: Zal Cleminson / sahb

Postby mellow_johnson on Thu Dec 19, 2002 8:09 pm

NEXT!!!!

:D
Like 2 flamingoes in a fruit fight
mellow_johnson
Squire

Postby riffs on Sat Dec 21, 2002 11:06 am

hi

I am meeting Ted mckenna from SAHB in early January, i'll ask him if he knows and let you know.

cheers
riffs
War doesn't prove who is right, only who is left.
riffs
Court Jester

Postby tommie on Sun Dec 22, 2002 2:44 pm

I had the pleasure of supporting the SAHB minus Alex of course, back in about 1994 or so (Steve Docherty singing). Zal is a very funny guy live, he pulls the most amazing faces and plays some strange old licks.

He had a G&L thru' a Marshall stereo chorus Valvestate head into a 4x12 cab. And he sounded great.

Chris Glen had one of those 375W 2000 series bass heads, and his MSG Explorer Bass.

And Ted was just Ted - superb!
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
tommie
Baron

Postby DanTheBluesMan on Sun Dec 22, 2002 8:53 pm

holy crap. there are other people out there who have heard of SAHB? I get nothing but blank faces whenever I mention them. I saw them WAAAY back in the 70's, on some show like Don Kirshner's Rock Concert. They were one of the first hardcore glam glitter bands I ever saw. Are they still around?
DanTheBluesMan
Knight

Postby jcs on Mon Dec 23, 2002 5:51 am

yes yes!! that guy played on the nazareth tour i saw in ths late 70s!!! incredible show!! i mean INCREDIBLE!! the live album that followed was not as good as the show i saw at memorial hall that night.......zal played an sg,manny charleton played the paul thru old marshalls....i have pics somewhere!! sorry i just get wound up thinking about some of the killer 70s rock shows i was fortunate enough to see............jcs
jcs
King

Return to Signature Tones