Peter green tones

The greatest names in guitar, the sounds that we all want and have chased for years. This is the central location for decoding the elusive signature sounds.

Peter green tones

Postby out99990 on Thu May 03, 2012 3:06 pm

No, not the usual suspects (Fleetwood Mac era), but does anybody know the guitar/amp combination he used for the song "Little Dreamer" from the album of the same title. Thanks in advance!
out99990
Peasant

Re: Peter green tones

Postby out99990 on Mon May 21, 2012 10:00 pm

BUMP!!! See, if i ask you guys the easy questions, you'll never stretch your minds to morph into that Gumby/Manson clone we all strive to be!!!
out99990
Peasant

Postby Doc W on Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:43 pm

I asked a similar question in another thread. Apparently, it is all in the hands, so it really doesn't matter what amp or guitar you use. Get a Mexican Jazzmaster and put it through a Roland Cube. That oughta work!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Doc W
Peasant

Postby sitka_spruce on Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:55 pm

There's essentially two Peter Green eras, as far as I know. The JTM45 eras (think Albatross), that were JTM45s into silver Alnicos (not equivalent to blue Bulldogs!), I believe, and then the brief and rockier Orange era when Fleetwood Mac were using Orange amps into Fanes (possibly some version of the purple-labels).

Having listened in on Little Dreamer it seems to have the JTM45 sound, but couldn't say for certain. Not sure it's the Gibby Les Paul though, could be a Strat or similar.
sitka_spruce
Certified

Postby lobos on Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:27 am

Marshalls for Mayall

Early silverface Fender bandmasters/ dual showmans, and obriefly orange, up until when he left.

The rest doesnt matter really. :shhh:
lobos
Peasant

Return to Signature Tones