Help about matamp guitar ampli

Cliff Cooper's unique OR80, OR80 Combo, OD80, Graphic 80, OR100, Hustler Combo, OD120, OR120, OR120 Combo, PA120, Graphic 120, OR200, Reverb, 2x12, 4x12

Help about matamp guitar ampli

Postby CoachLeo on Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:55 pm

Hi there. I am new to this forum. I use to build and repair normal hifi ampli, but this week a friend of mine came by for help. They have spilt some cola over the amp (a matamp GT1). They ask me if it was possible to repair. Now my problem is that first an do not have a schematic of the ampli (without it is more tricky) but a am not shore how to open the matamp without causing any dammage. Can somebody help me ?

Txs
CoachLeo
Peasant

Re: Help about matamp guitar ampli

Postby Gladmarr on Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:19 pm

You most likely remove the screws on the bottom and the amp chassis should come out through the front using the front panel handles to get it out.
Gladmarr
Baron

Postby amoun on Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:37 pm

sometimes the screws holding the chassis in are the ones that just look like they are holding the rubber feet on
amoun
Baron

Postby amoun on Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:39 pm

btw its unlikely you will find a schematic for a gt1, matamp don't usually release them, but depending where you are located, i.e. if its feasible for you to phone them, they will usually try and help you out with a diagnosis etc over the phone.

http://www.matamp.co.uk/contact.aspx

i wouldn't bother emailing them on a technical issue, its unlikely they will get round to replying but if you get through and speak to someone they will usually be as helpful as they can.
amoun
Baron

Postby CoachLeo on Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:15 pm

Thanks for the answers, but I found out how to open it. They are very nicely build and the chassis came out completely with unscrewing the 4 screws under. Inside the chassis everything is very nice done and I do not need a schematic for it. I can follow very well where everything is running to. Nice stuff compared to those transistors ampli.
The problem here was that wen pooring the cola over the ampli it had made a short circuit inside, blowing two EL34 inside in the air. So after cheking the rest (mayby replace one resistor) i will put 4 new ones in and take a few day's to get the bias oke.

txs
CoachLeo
Peasant

Return to Orange