USB interface for Mac OSX 10.6 Snow Leopard

Recording systems, Software, Microphones, plugins, computers that work, the best ways to capture the sound. A good place to start figuring out that sound is here.

USB interface for Mac OSX 10.6 Snow Leopard

Postby Gibsonsg on Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:27 pm

So, I just got a new iMac with OSX 10.6.4 Snow Leopard and a 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 processor. I have an old Tascam US-122 interface that I used to use on my older iMac that died. I've been reading horror stories on the Apple forums about how Tascam doesn't have any stable, usable drivers for the US-122 for Snow Leopard, or any of their newer generation 122's for that matter. Curious what the consensus is on an affordable interface that is fully functional on this OS. I'm not interested in all the work-arounds and other BS to try and make this thing work if Tascam just doesn't have drivers for this older unit. This is just for simple recording into GarageBand...nothing fancy. Any other interfaces out there that actually work well with Snow Leopard on a budget?
Warmoth Les Paul w/ HighOrder pickups, Hamer USA Daytona w/ Fralin Vintage Hots, GDS Amplification 18W TMB, Voodoo Labs Pedal Power II, Teece Wizard Wah, Foxrox Octron, Analogman Beano Boost, Crowther Audio Hotcake, G2D Morpheus.
Gibsonsg
Squire

Re: USB interface for Mac OSX 10.6 Snow Leopard

Postby Gibsonsg on Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:50 pm

OK fine, no opinions. Sort of leaning toward selling the Tascam and getting into a Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 or similar.
Warmoth Les Paul w/ HighOrder pickups, Hamer USA Daytona w/ Fralin Vintage Hots, GDS Amplification 18W TMB, Voodoo Labs Pedal Power II, Teece Wizard Wah, Foxrox Octron, Analogman Beano Boost, Crowther Audio Hotcake, G2D Morpheus.
Gibsonsg
Squire

Re: USB interface for Mac OSX 10.6 Snow Leopard

Postby plexi on Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:40 am

For the Money, Check out the Lexicon 810S FW. I used it for a year, EXCELLENT SOUND.
plexi
Site Admin

Return to Recording Gear, Mics, Software and Techniques