Gibson Firebird Problem

One of the most valuable places you can go to make your guitar right. Don't guess, ask an expert and trade tips. professional guitar techs and service's people are welcome. If your into guitar repair or just into working on your guitars, this is the place to stop in and share your knowledge or ask for help.

Gibson Firebird Problem

Postby nullard on Tue May 18, 2010 11:11 am

Hi,

Just posting a quick message to ask if anyone out there had a solution to the following problem.

While on tour, I broke the A tuner on my firebird (broken inside I suppose, as I can tune for something like 350° of the rotation and then a cling and the string gets detuned...).

I checked the web and noticed that no "official gibson" tuners were available as spare parts... The only solution I found is the Steinberg Gearless Tuners, but I'd love to stick to the original machine heads.

Do you guys know where I could find some spare gibson banjo tuners?

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Thanks!!
if it's too loud, you're too old!
nullard
Certified

Re: Gibson Firebird Problem

Postby 57lpjr on Wed May 19, 2010 5:28 pm

I've been looking on eBay lately for a couple and all I've seen is a set of original '60's for mucho dinero...
I have more gear than I need...but not as much gear as I want...

"Roll over Woodstock - we won!" & "Music is life, and life is not a business." (Iggy Pop 3/15/10)

"but lately one or two has fully paid their due for working for the clampdown...HAH, Gitalong, Gitalong"

"I believe, believe, believe, that there's better days ahead. I believe, believe, believe, that there's a heaven before I'm dead."

"I'll play for free but I gotta get paid for breaking my s**t down at the end of the night"
57lpjr
Ampmeister

Re: Gibson Firebird Problem

Postby nullard on Wed May 19, 2010 6:50 pm

Same!
if it's too loud, you're too old!
nullard
Certified

Return to Guitar Repair and Guitar Tech Tips