Telecaster with Esquire wiring option?

One of the most valuable places you can go to make your guitar right. Don't guess, ask an expert and trade tips. professional guitar techs and service's people are welcome. If your into guitar repair or just into working on your guitars, this is the place to stop in and share your knowledge or ask for help.

Telecaster with Esquire wiring option?

Postby Hiwatt Bob on Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:31 pm

hey guys,

i've got a parts-o-telecaster--it's wired right now like a modern telecaster. but i was just reading about Esquire wiring and the 'tone pot bypass' option sounds very interesting. anyone know if it's possible to wire a Tele to be like this:

1: neck pu (with vol & tone)
2: bridge pu (with only vol, tone pot bypassed)
3: bridge pu (with vol & tone)

any help would be appreciated--but illustrations/diagrams would be even more appreciated as i'm kind of a n00b. :lol:

Thanks!
http://www.myspace.com/rygiboges

'72 Hiwatt DR504
'79 Hiwatt FL112
'76 Fender Deluxe Reverb
Zvex Nano
Hiwatt Bob
Baron

Re: Telecaster with Esquire wiring option?

Postby 57lpjr on Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:11 pm

If you get a Fender 4 way switch you have the three "modern" options and add the straight to the Volume Pot as the fourth option...
I have more gear than I need...but not as much gear as I want...

"Roll over Woodstock - we won!" & "Music is life, and life is not a business." (Iggy Pop 3/15/10)

"but lately one or two has fully paid their due for working for the clampdown...HAH, Gitalong, Gitalong"

"I believe, believe, believe, that there's better days ahead. I believe, believe, believe, that there's a heaven before I'm dead."

"I'll play for free but I gotta get paid for breaking my s**t down at the end of the night"
57lpjr
Ampmeister

Re: Telecaster with Esquire wiring option?

Postby ragtweed on Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:29 am

I put a "no load" tone pot in one of my tele projects. There's a little detent in it so when its cranked to ten it is effectively out of the circuit.
I got my mojo workin'
ragtweed
Squire

Return to Guitar Repair and Guitar Tech Tips