Gibson P-94T pickup install help

One of the most valuable places you can go to make your guitar right. Don't guess, ask an expert and trade tips. professional guitar techs and service's people are welcome. If your into guitar repair or just into working on your guitars, this is the place to stop in and share your knowledge or ask for help.

Gibson P-94T pickup install help

Postby elda on Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:05 am

I can't figure it out. Been trying to install this p/u on my guitar for the last few hours. Any one have experience with this pickup. I followed the gibson wiring diagram, but it did not work. Im also at the point in which I've cut the lead so many times trying to install the p/u that any more cutting will render the lead too short. :POd: :POd: :POd:
elda
Court Jester

Re: Gibson P-94T pickup install help

Postby aaron. on Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:52 pm

can you take pictures of the control cavity & area you're working on?
aaron.
Court Jester

Re: Gibson P-94T pickup install help

Postby elda on Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:25 pm

AAAAAAHHHHH, got it working. :cheers: Took a break for a couple of hours then gave it another try. This pu is matched with a avri jaguar pu on a schecter banshee guitar. Great tones that complement each other very well. The jag pu has a nice balance smooth tone and the P94 has a nice bite and snap. Im really loving the sound of this gibson pickup.
elda
Court Jester

Return to Guitar Repair and Guitar Tech Tips