locking nut urgent help

One of the most valuable places you can go to make your guitar right. Don't guess, ask an expert and trade tips. professional guitar techs and service's people are welcome. If your into guitar repair or just into working on your guitars, this is the place to stop in and share your knowledge or ask for help.

locking nut urgent help

Postby Benny on Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:07 pm

Hi

I'm trying to fit a Floyd rose style trem unit onto an Aria Strat copy. I have no idea how to rout out for the locking nut on the neck, and also, do i have to remove some wood from the body to fit my floyd unit?

Thanks Benny
Benny
Peasant

Re: locking nut urgent help

Postby Vertec on Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:29 pm

for the cost you'd probly be better buying another beater guitar that has a crap floyd style trem and up grading the parts, idk much about aria guitars from a quick search they look like mid range copy. even if you WANT the strat w/ the trem i am 99.99% sure if your copy has the normal strat bridge your gonna need to rout the trem hole bigger to fit the floyd, exacly how much idk

this like your guitar?
http://www.oz-eguitars.com.au/catalog/images/images_big/STG004.jpg
Vertec
Page

Postby Benny on Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:38 am

Hey yeah it is kinda like that, but white with a maple fingerboard.

Potentially this guitar is amazing. I really dropped on with it.... this thing feels better than a Fender!! Just need to change the pickups etc... its gonna be a dream guitar. the neck and action are fantastic.

I know how to do the bridge.... i just need some EXPERT advice about routing for the locking nut as i haven't done this before :s
Benny
Peasant

Postby Benny on Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:12 pm

Thanks for tryin tho dude :)

ps if i offended anyone with the fender remark.... well i'm about to even more! Cos they're pretty Mediocre (if not plain bin worthy) guitars... not moved with the times at all... just look at their stupid trem system! I'd pick squier anyday for the money!!! or a cheap knock off from Argos! They need to move with the times dudes... and lower thier ridiculous prices.
Benny
Peasant

Return to Guitar Repair and Guitar Tech Tips